The Student Room Group

are pets allowed at uni dorms?

if not..is there anyway you could convince the residence hall director or wtvr who's in charge of the halls? I've got a kitten and I don't want to leave her with my parents.
Very very unlikely as in I’ve never heard it happen bar service dogs like a guide dog.
If you are that desperate you will need to find private accommodation but it probably wasn’t the best choice to get a kitten that you aren’t happy leaving with your parents this close to uni.
Very, very rarely permitted I’m afraid. Unis halls aren’t the best place for a kitten in any case.
Reply 3
Original post by ALEreapp
Very very unlikely as in I’ve never heard it happen bar service dogs like a guide dog.
If you are that desperate you will need to find private accommodation but it probably wasn’t the best choice to get a kitten that you aren’t happy leaving with your parents this close to uni.

she's a rescue cat. I didn't have the heart to leave her be and then I got attached
Reply 4
the only alternative is private accommodation then?
Original post by _hmm_
if not..is there anyway you could convince the residence hall director or wtvr who's in charge of the halls? I've got a kitten and I don't want to leave her with my parents.

(obviously) not, and no you wont convince them otherwise.

Most cheap rental accommodation of any kind doesnt allow this. Tends to be longer term rentals in suburban areas that allow pets.
you could sneak her in. But if something happened to her you'd feel totally awful. Maybe you should find a friend to adopt the cat if you don't trust your parents with her
Original post by squishyeyeball
you could sneak her in. But if something happened to her you'd feel totally awful. Maybe you should find a friend to adopt the cat if you don't trust your parents with her

This is not viable.

Is the cat supposed to sit in a box room 24/7? Do you think other residents in the block are going to be ok with this...
Reply 8
Original post by squishyeyeball

I literally had to fight my parents to keep her. I'm thinking of putting her up for adoption but Jesus I don't think I can.
Original post by _hmm_

Hi _hmm_,
I'd say unfortunately, it's like that pets are not allowed and bringing one with you to your accommodation is likely to be an infringement of your tenancy agreement. Accommodations can usually be quite strict with this, as they need to consider other residents, so you can always speak to them but if the answer is no, I would recommend continuing to look for accommodation that will allow a pet (this may be difficult so keep trying) rather than sneaking a pet in.

Hope this helps!

- Sophie

Quick Reply