The Student Room Group

Using a job offer letter for a mortgage application

Hi,

I am about to apply for a mortgage application using a job offer letter. I have been told that a job offer letter is ok, however, my job offer letter is not signed by someone. I work for the civil service and I believe it is common for the formal job offer letters to not be signed.

Will a job offer letter still be accepted if it is not signed by someone?
This really depends on the lenders rules. Have they sent you a list of accepted documents?
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
This really depends on the lenders rules. Have they sent you a list of accepted documents?

Thanks for your reply. The lender is Halifax, although I know they accept job offer letters, I’m not sure if an unsigned one will be ok.
Original post by MAI10
Thanks for your reply. The lender is Halifax, although I know they accept job offer letters, I’m not sure if an unsigned one will be ok.

Funnily enough I recently went through the process with Halifax myself. I know my mortgage advisor/contact at the bank was very responsive to emails so you could check with them.

From memory, I think once you upload it to their portal a central team checks it over and then lets you know if it is accepted. Worst case, you need to provide a work contract or something.
an offer letter does not necessarily mean you took the job. they will need payslips or a job conract.
Original post by Admit-One

I agree.
Id check with them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending