The Student Room Group

Biology respiration

Discuss the factors that affect respiration can someone help me with this question please?
temperature - can enzymes do their thing, is it too hot/cold for them? also, chemical reactions are generally sped up by higher temperatures
oxygen concentration - can the organism get enough oxygen to perform its respiration reactions? will it do anaerobic respiration if there isn't enough oxygen? how?
nutrient abundance - are there the nutrients available to the organism through the soil or through food, which are required for respiration?
pH - are the enzymes used for respiration able to work at the ambient pH of the organism's cells?

there are more but idk what organism ur looking at/level ur studying at. these points should be enough if u develop them fully. good luck :smile:
Original post by Vibe2226
Discuss the factors that affect respiration can someone help me with this question please?

What do you have so far?
Reply 3
Thank you so much also I’m looking at yeast !

Original post by basilpl4nt
temperature - can enzymes do their thing, is it too hot/cold for them? also, chemical reactions are generally sped up by higher temperatures
oxygen concentration - can the organism get enough oxygen to perform its respiration reactions? will it do anaerobic respiration if there isn't enough oxygen? how?
nutrient abundance - are there the nutrients available to the organism through the soil or through food, which are required for respiration?
pH - are the enzymes used for respiration able to work at the ambient pH of the organism's cells?

there are more but idk what organism ur looking at/level ur studying at. these points should be enough if u develop them fully. good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest