The Student Room Group

Too many Assessment Days?

Hello,
I am applying for grad positions and I have 5 assessment days this month in which 3 of them require me to conduct presentations and its pretty overwhelming. My worry is that by doing too many assessment days I am removing any of my chances of being successful by not doing the presentation to a good enough standard. On the other hand, I don't want to lower my chances of getting a job.
What would you do?
(edited 1 year ago)
Are the grad positions/schemes all in the same field and similar roles etc? ie will your prep for one AC be helping you prep for the others at the same time, can any content from one of the presentations be adapted for the others etc?

Personally I'd say it's best to keep as many doors open as possible, and I don't think 5 itself is a very high amount to be prepping for. But if one of the positions is particularly appealing to you then focus on making the prep for that one as good as possible.
And really prep well and make use of all online resources. Kent and Essex unis' careers sites has lots of publicly accessible resources re interviews, practice tests etc.

And check out this YouTube channel called The Education Journey, it has good videos eg one on securing your first grad role: https://youtu.be/OOeNGFQFp3k
Reply 3
Original post by Bittersweet Symphony
Are the grad positions/schemes all in the same field and similar roles etc? ie will your prep for one AC be helping you prep for the others at the same time, can any content from one of the presentations be adapted for the others etc?

Personally I'd say it's best to keep as many doors open as possible, and I don't think 5 itself is a very high amount to be prepping for. But if one of the positions is particularly appealing to you then focus on making the prep for that one as good as possible.

Thanks for the response! Yeah you're right tbf 5 isn't a huge amount tbf. I think I just need to manage my workload a bit better as I'm working ft atm.
Whilst there are some similarity in some of the roles, some are in completely different industries and have different topics required for the assignment.
I'll take your advice and ensure I prep for the one which is of most interest to me.
Thanks for also suggesting Education Journey, I'm defo gonna watch this today as my first Assessment is tomorrow.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest