The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol vs Exeter uni

Hi
I can’t decide between studying at Exeter or Bristol next year. I’m going to do economics and politics and as far as I know both unis rank pretty similar for these subjects.
I like the diverse nightlife, architecture and general vibrancy that Bristol offers. However I’m worried about its druggy reputation. I love to go out and have a strong interest in music but don’t take drugs. I also am wary of the lower student satisfaction and worse student support.

I was hardly considering Exeter until visiting a friend there last weekend. I was really pleasantly surprised by how nice the campus and general area is. With Exeter I’m worried about how conservative and quiet it might be but I also really like the campus and community feel of it - something I’m worried I won’t get in Exeter??

Really stuck in the middle here so any help would be much appreciated!!
I have friends at both, unfortunately both unis attract the wealthier demographic of students and so drugs are everywhere in both.
My friend are a mix of recreational users and those who have never touched a drug and none have felt pressure to take a substance they didn’t want to take.
If you can go to offer holder days that would probably be your best bet, I feel like the unis are quite similar. Exeter does have a more campus feel to it whereas obviating Bristol is a City university. I’m not a fan of city unis however love Bristol because it’s very much a student oriented city so it just feels like a larger campus to me.
Have a look at the courses themselves and the modules they cover as they will differ most likely and one could have a course that suits you more!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending