The Student Room Group

Failed again!

Mental health nursing year 2, I failed an assignment in my first year and had to resubmit and now it has happened again in year 2 failed assignment by such a small amount again will have to resubmit…is this making me a failure and telling me I’m no good to be a nurse?
Original post by Whatsit
Mental health nursing year 2, I failed an assignment in my first year and had to resubmit and now it has happened again in year 2 failed assignment by such a small amount again will have to resubmit…is this making me a failure and telling me I’m no good to be a nurse?

Well we don't know your circumstances but most likely .. no! Ask you're tutors.
Original post by Whatsit

How similar do you feel your assignments are to the real world of actually being a mental health nurse? I suspect that you don't think they're likely to be similar at all. In which case your performance in the assignments is not "telling me I’m no good to be a nurse". It's just telling you that these particular assignments weren't really your thing. All you can do is the same as you did the last time this happened, resubmit the assignment and move on.
Hi,
I hope you are doing well,
As a student myself I would like to share some advice with you :cool:

Studying is never an easy process and mistakes are important. Every failed assignment, every resubmission makes you better and helps you to avoid mistakes in future. It is all about experience and attitude!
Do not put extra pressure on yourself. The course you are doing is not easy and I am sure the work you are doing is great!
If you need extra support try to speak with your tutors, they are the best people to provide you with advice 😊
I wish you luck and patience,
- Ilya:tongue:
Reply 4
I have a very busy life; single parent to son with possible adhd/autism, uni days and placement, work and take care of my house. No excuse but I just find academic work so stressful at times the way and wording of some pieces of work. I’m just worried history is repeating itself as I failed one assignment last year and it lead me to taking a gap year as I wasn’t allowed to progress to year two where I am now until I had passed that particular assignment. Then it has happened again.
Original post by Whatsit
I have a very busy life; single parent to son with possible adhd/autism, uni days and placement, work and take care of my house. No excuse but I just find academic work so stressful at times the way and wording of some pieces of work. I’m just worried history is repeating itself as I failed one assignment last year and it lead me to taking a gap year as I wasn’t allowed to progress to year two where I am now until I had passed that particular assignment. Then it has happened again.

I empathise with you on your situation. I can assure you that you will be a great mental health nurse in the near future, at which time you will look back at these assignments and smile. Nothing good comes easy you know? In no long a time you will have your PIN as a RMN, therefore keep your mind and focus on the end price!. Make use of tutors, course mates and online resources as these would help a long way. You deserve this and you will get it.

It will all make sense soon, just trust the process..

I wish you the best
Reply 6
Thank you both, so from the end of today I now have 2 failed things a failed poster and failed assignment, had my meltdown but I’m going to try and stay positive as I only failed my small %, very disheartening but I need to keep at it, I have taken sick leave from work so hoping extra hours to study will improve my results..or do you both think 2 failed attempts is bad and I should just walk away? My Placement work has gone well and I love being there so there is some positives.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending