The Student Room Group

How should I start?

Hey!

I’m in Y10, so I’ve got my GCSE’s next year. My school advices to start revising now, but how is best to go about it?

I’m pretty caught up with my homework (I do it the day I get it, so I’m not trying to chase my tail), and I suck, horrifically at physics; plus, my teacher is known in the school to not be very good, and I never have a clue what’s going on. So, I’m doing a page of the courses textbook a night, and take notes, then summarise it on a flash card.

Other than that, that’s all I’m doing.

What should I do to start, and any tips!

If it helps, I’m doing my GCSE’s in; Seperate Sciences (Biology, Chem, and Physics), English Lit and Language, Maths, Further Maths, Business Studies, Latin Language, Spanish Language, RE, Geography + Media.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Hello, I would suggest making flashcards and using Anki for revision for all except Maths (practice instead). I've found this really helpful as it took me from grade 6 in sciences to grade 9.
Original post by tcp1
Hello, I would suggest making flashcards and using Anki for revision for all except Maths (practice instead). I've found this really helpful as it took me from grade 6 in sciences to grade 9.

Thank you! I use Anki for language vocabulary tests at the moment, so will def start making some flash cards for other subjects, too! :smile:

Quick Reply