The Student Room Group

My friend

My friend has a bad habit of gossiping about people, and telling me news about people, tbh I don't really care about. It was okay the first one or two times but it's pretty repetitive. How do I go about asking her to stop this bad habit, without sounding rude. There's so many other things I could be thinking about 😆
Are your friend doesn't gossip about you?
Original post by Anonymous
My friend has a bad habit of gossiping about people, and telling me news about people, tbh I don't really care about. It was okay the first one or two times but it's pretty repetitive. How do I go about asking her to stop this bad habit, without sounding rude. There's so many other things I could be thinking about 😆

i used to have same issues with my new friends. when i was newly friends with my current bestfriends i had the very same thought. everytime, we went to washroom together, they would be gossiping about others by adding 3 words in their sentence, "no offence but" and start gossiping offensively and i was scared to open up to them because i was worried they would gossip about me as well. i know gossiping is a bad habit but u should take it slow with ur friend and make her realize slowly how it feels when someone backbites you.

Quick Reply