The Student Room Group

What is the reason that nothing works when I try to get a new boyfriend, but so far I

Reaching anywhere near my goal hasn't even worked so far. I have tried to meet people through groups, social events, clubs and maybe a pub, but nothing has worked. Also, I tried online dating and got nowhere near my goal of finding a new boyfriend. What else can I do or am I just a very unlucky short woman seeking short men to have a serious relationship with? I do not want to be with hookups, dads, or guys who are too tall. I also want to be with someone with a learning disability. Those are the only types of guys that I am looking for: respectful, honest and trustworthy men. Please do not ask why you need to date men with a learning disability. I've noticed more red flags with guys outside of my age range still trying to take their shot. I can't date men that are 18 years old. My age range is now 19 to 27. I am 24 years old. I had some horrible experiences with some tall guys playing mind games and being overly cooky. The last couple of days have been a mess with guys, so I'm not expecting any more guys on Snapchat. Despite my efforts, I still haven't reached my goal of finding a new boyfriend.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CandacePerry
Reaching anywhere near my goal hasn't even worked so far. I have tried to meet people through groups, social events, clubs and maybe a pub, but nothing has worked. Also, I tried online dating and got nowhere near my goal of finding a new boyfriend. What else can I do or am I just a very unlucky short woman seeking short men to have a serious relationship with? I do not want to be with hookups, dads, or guys who are too tall. I also want to be with someone with a learning disability. Those are the only types of guys that I am looking for: respectful, honest and trustworthy men. Please do not ask why you need to date men with a learning disability. I've noticed more red flags with guys outside of my age range still trying to take their shot. I can't date men that are 18 years old. My age range is now 19 to 27. I am 24 years old. I had some horrible experiences with some tall guys playing mind games and being overly cooky. The last couple of days have been a mess with guys, so I'm not expecting any more guys on Snapchat. Despite my efforts, I still haven't reached my goal of finding a new boyfriend.

So the brief is 'short men with learning disabilities between 19-27 years old'.

Maybe it's a tiny bit constrained in terms of the available pool of men fitting those criteria...

There is a dating agency which is 'endorsed' by the National Autistic Society called 'love2meetu' - see here. They cater for learning disabilities as well as autism, so maybe worth a try.
Yep i have already has try that one and hasn't be very successful . can't even get pass the application form that i got twice one . one meant for sent through the post but it got lost but gotten application form through email but also sent that off through email and stil nothing . i sent another email to them and yet to hear back to any reply . is took over 2 years and im still wasting .

Original post by Reality Check
There is a dating agency which is 'endorsed' by the National Autistic Society called 'love2meetu' - see here. They cater for learning disabilities as well as autism, so maybe worth a try.
Why a learning disability tho? It feels a bit like preying on vulnerable people to me, like it would be easier for you to control them? That’s just my opinion please don’t be offended.

learning disability? you cant just say that and not explain.
why? seems fishy to me. like why? is it easier for you to control them? no offence but im kinda weirded out by that.
Original post by Anonymous
why? seems fishy to me. like why? is it easier for you to control them? no offence but im kinda weirded out by that.

I agreee.
Original post by 2102945
I agreee.

you reread my post since i said that i got a learning disabity and my mum only want me to date guys with learning disabity . is my mum that isuse .
=

you reread my post since i said that i got a learning disabity and my mum only want me to date guys with learning disabity . is my mum that issue not me .
=

you reread my post since i said that i got a learning disabity and my mum only want me to date guys with learning disabity . is my mum that issue not me .

ah i see sorry, do you often argue with your mum about it? im just curious
ah i see sorry, do you often argue with your mum about it? im just curious

yep all the time when i try to explain that i don't want used disabled dating since is tons of older men and i'm not interested in older men . same thing . my mum doesn't think that i find anyone on a mainstream dating apps & sites . i also can't even travel outside of UK for getting date . my mum will always refuse .
It’s nothing to do with your mum, it’s your life not hers!

Take control of your life and only do things for you, we only get one life don’t ruin it doing things other people want.
Original post by Mumamouse
It’s nothing to do with your mum, it’s your life not hers!

Take control of your life and only do things for you, we only get one life don’t ruin it doing things other people want.

that problem my mum always refuse unless i date men with a learning disabity or i can't date or be a relationship at all .
that problem my mum always refuse unless i date men with a learning disabity or i can't date or be a relationship at all .

you're 24 years old, an adult. your mum is still controlling who you date? sit down with her and have a chat because she shouldn't be dictating about how you should love, especially if you dont agree.
shes controlling you, tell her to stop or just leave her and date whoever you want no matter what she says
you're 24 years old, an adult. your mum is still controlling who you date? sit down with her and have a chat because she shouldn't be dictating about how you should love, especially if you dont agree.
shes controlling you, tell her to stop or just leave her and date whoever you want no matter what she says

Talking doesn't do nothing to argue about all time even when i try to calm and talk about . get mad and try to argue . so again talking will not do anything to her . since she is too stubborn get what i want .
Talking doesn't do nothing to argue about all time even when i try to calm and talk about . get mad and try to argue . so again talking will not do anything to her . since she is too stubborn get what i want .

just date whoever you want and dont talk to her
just date whoever you want and dont talk to her

that won't even work also
(edited 1 year ago)
that won't even work also

why not? do you live with her? bc if not, then it should be easy. if you cant then looks like you wont be able to solve with problem
why not? do you live with her? bc if not, then it should be easy. if you cant then looks like you wont be able to solve with problem

i do live with her and my parents .you not seem you don't understand that i got a learning disabity that make impossible to get anywhere to.
i do live with her and my parents .you not seem you don't understand that i got a learning disabity that make impossible to get anywhere to.

yeah but just because you have a learning disability, doesnt mean your mother should be controlling your love life. i get that she just wants whats best for you given your circumstances, but if its making you unhappy, you dont agree or just find the dating to be difficult, then she should be able to understand you and help you fix your problems instead of forcing you into difficult situations. if she wants whats best for you, she will listen to you and your thoughts. At the moment shes just dismissing your thoughts and feelings. shes controlling you as if you were a puppet. In order to fix ur dating problem, you must do smt about your mother. i dont know your living situations or anything about your life but thats unfortunately the truth. ur mother is a problem

Quick Reply

Latest