The Student Room Group

Personal statement

I an à subject captain, and I was wandering if I could write this in my personal statement? Would it help?
Original post by Sha2006
I an à subject captain, and I was wandering if I could write this in my personal statement? Would it help?

If it’s for a relevant subject to the one you are applying to study at uni, definitely. How has being a subject captain helped you develop both personally and academically? Will this make it such that you have something to offer the university that takes you?

(Don’t answer these questions as you’ll phrase them on your PS on TSR as it’ll be picked up by anti-plagiarism measures)
Original post by Sha2006

Hi Sha2006,

As the previous reply states, it does depend on whether this experience has some relevance to the course you are applying for!

However it could be good evidence to show your development over your academic years, it might of helped you develop new skills. I was a student ambassador at sixth form and I was an education officer so i included this in my personal statement as it helped me with my communication skills and I was applying for a Psychology course at the time.

This helped me get my unconditional offer at DMU, but at the end of the day it depends on whether this will be relevant to what you are studying. If you require further guidance on it maybe speak to someone at college or whatever it is your doing now

If you click this link, DMU has some tips for helping with your Personal Statement, Personal Statement

I hope this has helped and good luck with your application

-Tianna :smile:
Original post by Sha2006

What does being a subject captain involve (you’ll have to explain this - it’s not a universal role)? Has doing this role affected your choice of degree? Has it affected your interest in or understanding of any specific topic?

Your PS needs to explain the details behind anything you include not just a list of things you’ve done with no reflection.

Quick Reply

Latest