The Student Room Group

Should I end my friendship?

My friend and I met in a foundation class at college. We were good friends, we helped each other out in terms of our course work.

I would say I‘m lucky because my sibling and I are in the same career field and they have really helped me in terms of my career and ways how I can improve my work.

I‘ve done my best to help my friend out in their career but they never wanted to listen to me. I wasn‘t bossy, just listening listening and helping out whenever I could.

I‘m now in a good job and it‘s a dream tbh.

I haven‘t boasted to my college friend about the job.

Since I started the job, it would always be me to start conversations. In return all I get from my friend are just one word answers like: ”OK” or ”Good”. This would be all the time and it‘s really making me upset.

I‘ve lost a lot of friends because of my ambition to have a good life, help others and be happy.

I‘m a nice, kind, caring person and I just don‘t understand why I can‘t have any nice people in my life.

Reply 1
ask them whats going on before you want to end it try to resolve the issue first
Original post by Anonymous
My friend and I met in a foundation class at college. We were good friends, we helped each other out in terms of our course work.

I would say I‘m lucky because my sibling and I are in the same career field and they have really helped me in terms of my career and ways how I can improve my work.

I‘ve done my best to help my friend out in their career but they never wanted to listen to me. I wasn‘t bossy, just listening listening and helping out whenever I could.

I‘m now in a good job and it‘s a dream tbh.

I haven‘t boasted to my college friend about the job.

Since I started the job, it would always be me to start conversations. In return all I get from my friend are just one word answers like: ”OK” or ”Good”. This would be all the time and it‘s really making me upset.

I‘ve lost a lot of friends because of my ambition to have a good life, help others and be happy.

I‘m a nice, kind, caring person and I just don‘t understand why I can‘t have any nice people in my life.

maybe their going through something hence the seeming disintrest in your success so ask them if they are ok coz maybe they have something going on overwhelmimg them if they just seem rude and unbothered about you for a long period of time while your still trying to care for them and put effort then maybe but its up to you and what feel right since your in the friendship

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending