The Student Room Group

I want to build muscle but £

hi guys I want to bud muscle without going to the gym as I'm on a low budget due to me being a uni student.

I'm a skinny guy also quite small I do sort of have an athlete build. I weigh around 51kg.

I'm on my 3rd week of mass gainer and in have it with 500ml of full fat milk.

back to my main topic, I want to gain muscle and look bigger without attending gym. I have done some research into calisthenics however so many people say you can't get big from it only look ripped. also apparently calisthenics is good for burning calories but I'm trying to do the opposite.

I really can't afford weights and right now it's quite hard for me to get a job.

I'm not too sure what to do guys any tips, I just don't want to be fat or skinny just a person who you can look at and say yeah he works out?
Hi there! You can totally build muscle without spending any money (or even just spending a little bit). There are tons of bodyweight exercises that are available and tons of free workouts you can access on Youtube and other areas of the internet. Plus, don't buy into the idea that you have to eat protein bars and drink protein shakes. Protein is present in foods like chicken, broccoli, lentils, beans etc. Eating protein will help the muscle repair itself. It's also important that you eat enough to build the muscle itself.

Also if the idea of bodyweight exercises don't appeal to you, there are many ways you can make your own weights at home (just search on Youtube and you should be able to find something).

I hope this helps!
Reply 2
[QUOTE="s.hannon;98086813"]Hi there! You can totally build muscle without spending any money (or even just spending a little bit). There are tons of bodyweight exercises that are available and tons of free workouts you can access on Youtube and other areas of the internet. Plus, don't buy into the idea that you have to eat protein bars and drink protein shakes. Protein is present in foods like chicken, broccoli, lentils, beans etc. Eating protein will help the muscle repair itself. It's also important that you eat enough to build the muscle itself.

Also if the idea of bodyweight exercises don't appeal to you, there are many ways you can make your own weights at home (just search on Youtube and you should be able to find something).

I hope this helps![/QUOTE

I appreciate your detailed response. I have protein shakes because it makes me feel good. also I'm just trying it out seeing if I can gain weight within a month
Moved to the fitness section for you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest