Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I used to have very mild fears of needles and heights.
    However I got over the needle one as I had to have a bunch of immunisations to go to Bali, well worth it
    and the heights one seems to have disappeared aswell, courtsey of the eiffel tower and several skyscrapers.

ReputationRep:
    Dogs!

ReputationRep:
    a fear of looking up while on great heights. People actually find it strange on rollercoasters when i'm constantly staring at the ground

ReputationRep:
    people are scared of too many things, its scary in itself really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    people are scared of too many things, its scary in itself really
    , so is your fear a fear of people fearing then??

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared of disappointment ... I am looking forward to a lot of things but am scared they won't be as I expect/want them to be

ReputationRep:
    Bananas.

ReputationRep:
    fear of witch-like parents + siblings... lol... nothing else

ReputationRep:
    aparently... on the list of fears...
    1. Spiders 2. Death 3. Dentists

ReputationRep:
    "Maybe you're subconsciously in love with your mother, and you're scared that you're father (who looks like a horse) will castrate you because of this. Therefore you fear horses. *Little Hans*"

LOL, that could be it! another idea could be that an out of control horse got into our field and nearly trampled me when i was younger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luize)
    answering phones. And calling people when they haven't given my permission, and a time to call.
    Same here, I really hate phones!

+ dogs, snakes, rollercoasters (always think I'm gonna have a heart attack!)

ReputationRep:
    used to be scared of escelators but i cant think of anything right now

ReputationRep:
    Deep Water terrifies me. If I can't touch the bottom in 1 breath I'd rather not be swimming there.

The unknown. Ghosts, other things that can't be proven, etc.

Death.

Living a lonely life without love.

The dark. Ooh makes me shiver to think about it. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes, the sea is quite scary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Ah yes, the sea is quite scary.
    I agree. I could never go scuba diving. I went on vacation to Hawaii a year or so ago. When I went swimming, I wouldn't go past 6 feet or so. I also won't swim in water that has corral or rocks. I'm afraid the waves will crash me into them. And those creepy poisonous fish. I found the angelfish in the shallows quite satisfying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmericanChick)
    I agree. I could never go scuba diving. I went on vacation to Hawaii a year or so ago. When I went swimming, I wouldn't go past 6 feet or so. I also won't swim in water that has corral or rocks. I'm afraid the waves will crash me into them. And those creepy poisonous fish. I found the angelfish in the shallows quite satisfying.
    I used to be kind of scared of deep waters too (childhood trauma [sp?]) but after going scuba diving I'm over it, took the course, got the license and love it

ReputationRep:
    Bees and wasps for me. I have a thing about them getting near my ears . The little buggers are everywhere in the summer, and they dont leave you alone

ReputationRep:
    I hve a phobia of being spanked with a banana.

ReputationRep:
    I am absoltely terrified of having a needle stuck in my eye. You know like right in the middle. :puke: :puke: :puke:
    i can't staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaand anything to do with eyessss. I mean if my friend points a pen at me...ven like 5 m away i go :aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh and like cover my eyes. I dnt know why I am so terrified at anything pointed in my eyes but I can't stand it.
    I hate when my mate bends her nails it sooo disgusting, and once she screeched down the black board. I am still recovering. LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    care to listy mclist them?

i have 3

a fear of forgetting (part of a medical condition, dont ask)
    a fear of needles/injections (quite minor and i can overcome it easily)
    a fear of rings
    Didn't you forget needles/injections at first? :eek:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.