holiday between results/going to uni Watch

This discussion is closed.
thunderstorm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
me and some mates want to go on holiday late august/early sept. however we're all going to uni in september. is this a really bad time to go? will we miss stuff about accomodation etc? if this were to happen can u get your parents to reply or is it generally a bad idea. what does everyone think?
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah, I'd like to know the answer to this too. Me and my mate are thinking of going inter-railing after results
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's a bad time to go. I think you shouldn't go on holiday during this summer, as you might get letters and stuff from the uni's. You could go on holiday a bit early though.
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I wouldn't wanna miss the start of uni personally...

Why don't you just go before results?
thunderstorm
Rep:
?
we wnt miss the start just might miss a letter. we cant lol cos not all of us are here at other times i dont think not sure. we'll have to talk about it i guess
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If you have to go through Clearing, you need to be available to do it all yourself and possibly go to see new universities
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I went on holiday from 31st of august to 13th of sept last year, it was fine, nothing interfered with uni at all, all my mates who went through clearing got it sorted that day!
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I went to Amsterdam There's no reason not to. If your parents can open letters there's no reason not to go. This is probably the last time you'll be free as a bird to do whatever you like with no real concerns. Grab the opportunity with both hands!
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If you don't want to miss the final stuff that are sent by uni's don't go on a holiday. Which is more important confirming stuff for uni or holiday?

You could go on a holiday with your friends anytime.
bestdeceptions
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm going away for a week with friends from Sept 1st - Sept 8th. No one starts uni that early! I hope...
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by trev)
If you don't want to miss the final stuff that are sent by uni's don't go on a holiday. Which is more important confirming stuff for uni or holiday?

You could go on a holiday with your friends anytime.
Honestly, the stuff you get from unis can be dealt with at a distance. It's more important to make the most of the time you have, you have no uni, no work, nothing to worry about. You need the holiday - go go go! (I speak from experience).
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
After recieving the stuff from the uni, then you could go on holiday. I think uni starts around Sept 10th and onwards...
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
bad plan to decide to leave the country in the middle of results, admissions, movings etc...
thunderstorm
Rep:
?
(Original post by blissy)
Honestly, the stuff you get from unis can be dealt with at a distance. It's more important to make the most of the time you have, you have no uni, no work, nothing to worry about. You need the holiday - go go go! (I speak from experience).
cheers guys. iknow i dont suppose we'll be able to afford it again and by the time finish uni might not even be seeing each other anymore so should make the most of it hehe hell yeah i need the holiday. glad to hear it turned out ok for those of u that went last year- we're thinkin of going 31st/1st to 8th ish as well.
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Since you decided to go on holiday during the 31st/1st to 8th ish, I think it's ok to go on holiday as it's 2 weeks after A-level results day. Also, the uni stuff will arrive on results day or the week after that.
thunderstorm
Rep:
?
(Original post by trev)
Since you decided to go on holiday during the 31st/1st to 8th ish, I think it's ok to go on holiday as it's 2 weeks after A-level results day. Also, the uni stuff will arrive on results day or the week after that.
thats what we figured, it should arrive by then deffo. hopefully i wont have to worry about clearing either, ive got a couple of pretty low offers if i do worse thn that i think id reconsider going anyway!
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bestdeceptions)
I'm going away for a week with friends from Sept 1st - Sept 8th. No one starts uni that early! I hope...
where you going? I was thinking of going zante or somewhere
Davie_Moyes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I am possibly going to Norway for a couple of days around September 8th, 9th and 10th for the Norway v Scotland game. I can't see how a couple of days away would harm your Uni stuff. Might even relax you for Uni.
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
we did that last year, 6 of us went to Zante just before we left for uni, well reccomended, had the most awesome time of my life so it's well worth it :cool:
Charlottie
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Luckily, my friends and I are going really early (15th-29th July) so it won't matter to me. I'm glad I don't have any extra worry.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
18.3%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.09%
Not great so far... (257)
35.89%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.72%

Watched Threads