The Student Room Group

Which is the best uni for nursing in Scotland?

Hi there!

I received a conditional offer to study Adult Nursing at Napier and Stirling. And I’m gonna attend an interview at Queen Margaret and University of Edinburgh in the following weeks.
I know I haven’t received all the answers, but I was wondering which uni is the best choice to study Adult Nursing, considering the quality of teaching, future opportunities and the social aspect.
I would really appreciate any kind of advice! Thank you
Original post by leticia Martins
Hi there!

I received a conditional offer to study Adult Nursing at Napier and Stirling. And I’m gonna attend an interview at Queen Margaret and University of Edinburgh in the following weeks.
I know I haven’t received all the answers, but I was wondering which uni is the best choice to study Adult Nursing, considering the quality of teaching, future opportunities and the social aspect.
I would really appreciate any kind of advice! Thank you

Hi there 😚

Congratulations on your offers for adult nursing at Edinburgh Napier and Stirling university.....

Edinburgh Napier university has one of the highest pass rates for there nursing degrees and you perhaps wish to accept there offer. You'll thoroughly enjoy Napier university as staff are brilliant and the facilities you are trained on is second to none as they have the state of the art technology available. If you are into clubbing and going out for nights out then Edinburgh city centre has plenty of things for you to go to. It's a vibrant city with plenty of things to do especially over the summer with the festival and tattoo.

On your other two choices I would pick queen's Margaret as they are good for there nursing.

I'm a final year student adult nurse at Edinburgh Napier university and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time during the course. Any nursing degrees are hard work but worth it - just be prepared for the various shifts pattern you'll be doing as 12.5 shifts either on Nightshift or weekend and day shift. Each placement is different so you'll have different things being taught to you.

You'll have no problems with finding a job at the end of your degree.

Good luck with your degree
Original post by Littleemma98
Hi there 😚

Congratulations on your offers for adult nursing at Edinburgh Napier and Stirling university.....

Edinburgh Napier university has one of the highest pass rates for there nursing degrees and you perhaps wish to accept there offer. You'll thoroughly enjoy Napier university as staff are brilliant and the facilities you are trained on is second to none as they have the state of the art technology available. If you are into clubbing and going out for nights out then Edinburgh city centre has plenty of things for you to go to. It's a vibrant city with plenty of things to do especially over the summer with the festival and tattoo.

On your other two choices I would pick queen's Margaret as they are good for there nursing.

I'm a final year student adult nurse at Edinburgh Napier university and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time during the course. Any nursing degrees are hard work but worth it - just be prepared for the various shifts pattern you'll be doing as 12.5 shifts either on Nightshift or weekend and day shift. Each placement is different so you'll have different things being taught to you.

You'll have no problems with finding a job at the end of your degree.

Good luck with your degree

That’s brilliant! Thank you soo much for the detailed information Emma :smile: it will definitely make my decision a bit easier
Original post by leticia Martins
That’s brilliant! Thank you soo much for the detailed information Emma :smile: it will definitely make my decision a bit easier

You are welcome xx

It's the best information I could offer you and hopefully you'll make your best decision once you know what is happening with your other upcoming interviews.

Best of luck with the other interviews and your decision on where you'll go to and study nursing. I would look into your travelling arrangements to and from all your potential universities as it will depend on where about you are coming from to the university.. placement are at the main local Edinburgh hospitals ( royal infirmary, western general hospital over in crew toll area, St John's in Livingston - absolutely brilliant hospital to work in and also you may have to do one placement outside of NHS Lothian health board ok , any care homes settings along with your community placements in GP surgeries )

Quick Reply