The Student Room Group

Any tips on theory

I GOT MY TEST IN A FEW HOURS AND IM SO SCARED OF THE HP SECTION DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY TIPS. i don’t want to be disqualified for clicking too much idek!!!
Reply 1
Search the video for the hazards - but don't click unless a hazard becomes a developing hazard (its coming at you or affecting your car)

Search search scan all sides, ahead, mid ground, left and right - keep asking 'where is it' 'where is it' - spot it - Then ask 'Coming my way?'

As soon as you see the developing hazard coming your way don't hesitate - Click once and click again in short succession

So you only - CLICK TWICE - AND NO MORE for each developing hazard

Remember some clips have two sets of hazards so keep watching looking, be on alert all the way until the clip ends.

If you click twice in short succession you will not be penalised by the dreaded X (if you click many times you will be cancelled out - big red X)

If you click and miss the start of the marking zone because you were too quick you will get max marks as you click it in a milli second in the next marking bar

If you were slow to click to get maximum marks you will still get a mark and get a mark in the marking zone

Good luck - If you can't sleep there are some video clips on DVSA Safer driving and many other sites.
Beware the old brown video's they are well out of date
Reply 2
Original post by muttly
search the video for the hazards - but don't click unless a hazard becomes a developing hazard (its coming at you or affecting your car)

search search scan all sides, ahead, mid ground, left and right - keep asking 'where is it' 'where is it' - spot it - then ask 'coming my way?'

as soon as you see the developing hazard coming your way don't hesitate - click once and click again in short succession

so you only - click twice - and no more for each developing hazard

remember some clips have two sets of hazards so keep watching looking, be on alert all the way until the clip ends.

if you click twice in short succession you will not be penalised by the dreaded x (if you click many times you will be cancelled out - big red x)

if you click and miss the start of the marking zone because you were too quick you will get max marks as you click it in a milli second in the next marking bar

if you were slow to click to get maximum marks you will still get a mark and get a mark in the marking zone

good luck - if you can't sleep there are some video clips on dvsa safer driving and many other sites.
Beware the old brown video's they are well out of date

i passed thank you!!😁😁😁
Reply 3
Original post by Rurrr7
i passed thank you!!😁😁😁

Good news!
Reply 4
Original post by Rurrr7
i passed thank you!!😁😁😁

I am over the moon for you. A big well done - and absolutely love your good news.

Just the driving to go at now ......

Quick Reply