The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Oxford Brookes vs UWE Bristol

Hi everyone! I've applied to study Information Technology and similar courses at 5 unis. My top choices are Oxford Brookes (Wheatley campus) and UWE, Bristol (Frenchay Campus).

I'm finding it quite difficult to choose between them as both unis offer very enthralling modules I'd like to take up.
This might seem silly but I also find myself very concerned about the overall experience, the environment (most especially, if they are Muslim-friendly), cost of living, graduate prospects, etc, which makes it much harder to choose.

If you do have any suggestions or recommendations, I look forward to seeing your replies. Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone! I've applied to study Information Technology and similar courses at 5 unis. My top choices are Oxford Brookes (Wheatley campus) and UWE, Bristol (Frenchay Campus).

I'm finding it quite difficult to choose between them as both unis offer very enthralling modules I'd like to take up.
This might seem silly but I also find myself very concerned about the overall experience, the environment (most especially, if they are Muslim-friendly), cost of living, graduate prospects, etc, which makes it much harder to choose.

If you do have any suggestions or recommendations, I look forward to seeing your replies. Thanks.

I go to Bristol university, and can say there are many muslim students. There also many muslims and mosques in some areas like Easton, which is about 20-30 mins by bus from UWE. You could visit both of them for open day, and think about where you would like to work in the future.
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest