The Student Room Group

Do you believe in any mythical creatures?

Supposedly mythical. I watched a Documentary about a scientist exploring evidence about the existence of yeti's in the remote mountains of Russia and a possible mass homicide committed by a yeti. I'm not sure but I'm open to the idea 😅
Not me personally but lots of people believe in God lmao.

But no, I don't believe in mythical creatures. I'm sure there are many undiscovered species but I don't think big foot or nessie are real.
Reply 2
Sure I once saw a happy evertonian
Reply 3
Original post by gjd800
Sure I once saw a happy evertonian

Never heard of that.
Reply 4
Original post by Guru Jason
Not me personally but lots of people believe in God lmao.

But no, I don't believe in mythical creatures. I'm sure there are many undiscovered species but I don't think big foot or nessie are real.

God isn't a creature because he was never created.
Yep, Margaret Thacher was real.
Original post by Amb/conf
God isn't a creature because he was never created.

But neither is bigfoot or nessie lmao. They're all manifestations of the human mind.
Reply 7
I suppose I do. Take dinosaurs as an example we didn’t know dinosaurs even existed until the 19th century. So anything is possible in my eyes.
Yes.
Flying reindeer, tinkerbell, leprechauns, trolls & nasty goblins, Gaelic 'little people', pegasus and unicorns that can speak. :cool:
I also believe in angels, a sinister fallen angel, God, Santa Claus and Santa Paws (father christmas's giant talking dog). :h:
Reply 10
Original post by londonmyst
Yes.
Flying reindeer, tinkerbell, leprechauns, trolls & nasty goblins, Gaelic 'little people', pegasus and unicorns that can speak. :cool:
I also believe in angels, a sinister fallen angel, God, Santa Claus and Santa Paws (father christmas's giant talking dog). :h:

So do you believe in God? I'm a little confused.
Original post by Amb/conf
So do you believe in God? I'm a little confused.

Yes.
i think mythical creatures have originated from certain tensions or monotony of reality
lets take for instance, ghosts or aliens
aliens was also a word to refer to individuals of unknown nations in the ancient past.
ghosts too had to originate , just so that the reality of the passing away of loved one is acclimatized slowly or maybe to not move on entirely from the late person. (example wuthering heights)

and since i consider them to be semi-realistic or surrealistic than a plain myth, i would choose the gray area between reality and fiction
If mythical creatures include aliens then yes, of course. It is selfish of humans to think that we are the sole intelligent species in the universe and that earth is the only planet that can sustain life.
probably a liger
it's like a cross between a lion and a tiger
it's pretty much my favourite animal

Quick Reply

Latest