The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

university

which has a better social life university Surrey or reading and is it mixed and diverse
I don’t know much about Reading but I know that Surrey is very diverse and has been ranked by various companies to have a better social/night life (I also know someone who is currently there and would agree)
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Hi there!

I currently study at Surrey and think the social life is great here. There is something for everyone!

The university have over 140 clubs and societies that host weekly sessions. I've previously been a part of the Feminist Society, where we had regular quiz nights, talent shows, movie evenings, author talks etc. But there are so many more like baking society, pets society, hispanic society, languages society, and of course all the sports clubs! Check out what's on offer here: https://ussu.co.uk/activity/clubs-societies/

If you don't want to join a competition team but still want to play one of the many sports on offer at our Surrey Sports Park (gym built for 2012 London Olympics), we offer pay to play sessions to get involved in. Alternatively, you can join as a member to the Sports Park and have access to a huge range of classes, climbing wall, tennis and badminton courts, swimming pool and more!

Our campus also has its own club, Rubix, which is so much fun and relatively cheap. There are so many themed nights like foam party, beach party, neon paint party, full moon rave etc, and you have the confidence knowing it's only students. The soft drinks are also free so amazing if you're not feeling a drink but still want to have fun with friends.

The town is small but there is also an abundance of things to do from restaurants, cinema, bars, clubs, shopping, ice skating, long walks. Everything a normal town/city has to offer.

A lot of students will also head into London (35 mins on the train), or Brighton in the summer (1h on the train).

Please do let me know if you have any other questions about Surrey!

Best wishes,
Alice
Final Year Languages Student
Thank you
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Hi there!

I currently study at Surrey and think the social life is great here. There is something for everyone!

The university have over 140 clubs and societies that host weekly sessions. I've previously been a part of the Feminist Society, where we had regular quiz nights, talent shows, movie evenings, author talks etc. But there are so many more like baking society, pets society, hispanic society, languages society, and of course all the sports clubs! Check out what's on offer here: https://ussu.co.uk/activity/clubs-societies/

If you don't want to join a competition team but still want to play one of the many sports on offer at our Surrey Sports Park (gym built for 2012 London Olympics), we offer pay to play sessions to get involved in. Alternatively, you can join as a member to the Sports Park and have access to a huge range of classes, climbing wall, tennis and badminton courts, swimming pool and more!

Our campus also has its own club, Rubix, which is so much fun and relatively cheap. There are so many themed nights like foam party, beach party, neon paint party, full moon rave etc, and you have the confidence knowing it's only students. The soft drinks are also free so amazing if you're not feeling a drink but still want to have fun with friends.

The town is small but there is also an abundance of things to do from restaurants, cinema, bars, clubs, shopping, ice skating, long walks. Everything a normal town/city has to offer.

A lot of students will also head into London (35 mins on the train), or Brighton in the summer (1h on the train).

Please do let me know if you have any other questions about Surrey!

Best wishes,
Alice
Final Year Languages Student

Quick Reply