The Student Room Group

Self-teaching GCSE Portuguese?

Hello,

I’m currently in Year 9 and I’m considering teaching myself GCSE Portuguese. For context, I am currently studying for 11 GCSE courses including French and Latin which would both obviously help with Portuguese. I’m predicted 9s in all my GCSEs and I’m looking for some sort of challenge for the next couple of years. Currently, I know some Portuguese and with knowledge from French and Latin, I can just about read Portuguese. I wondered if anyone had any previous experience with self-teaching a GCSE or doing GCSE Portuguese and could offer any advice.

Thanks in advance!
Original post by Apple Obsessed
Hello,

I’m currently in Year 9 and I’m considering teaching myself GCSE Portuguese. For context, I am currently studying for 11 GCSE courses including French and Latin which would both obviously help with Portuguese. I’m predicted 9s in all my GCSEs and I’m looking for some sort of challenge for the next couple of years. Currently, I know some Portuguese and with knowledge from French and Latin, I can just about read Portuguese. I wondered if anyone had any previous experience with self-teaching a GCSE or doing GCSE Portuguese and could offer any advice.

Thanks in advance!

There is really no point considering you are already taking 2 GCSE languages of which you are already predicted 9s in. You are only in Year 9 though so I wouldn't be too confident yet. Just concentrate on doing well in the things you are already doing and if you want to learn Portuguese, do it as a hobby.
Reply 2
I did GCSE Portuguese in year 9. I thought it was easy and I got a 9 in my mock and was predicted a 9, but due to unanticipated grade boundary changes I ended up with a 7. Reading and listening are the easiest parts. I'm in year 10 now and I will be doing A-Level portuguese in year 12

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending