The Student Room Group

Student Finance England or Wales ?

hi ! i am looking at transferring in september, into second year in wales. my current degree is covered by SFE financing, them providing my maintenance and tuition fees loan, as i lived in england before moving to uni.

the main thing that has confused me is the SFW website, because that says:

"Welsh students are not just students from Wales. Your nationality is important but is not the only consideration. You're a Welsh student if you're any of the following:

a UK national or Irish citizen and been living in UK and Islands for 3 years before the first day of the first year of your course

have been granted settled status and been living in UK and Islands for 3 years before the first day of the first year of your course

have been granted settled or pre-settled status under the EU settlement scheme and been living in UK and Islands for 3 years before the first day of the first year of your course

"You'll also need to live in Wales on or before the first day of the first academic year of your course."

from: https://www.studentfinancewales.co.uk/undergraduate-finance/full-time/

so if i am moving to wales, before the beginning of my course (which i am, i will be living there as my primary residence for the duration of the remainder of my course) so to whom do i apply ?

(edit for clarity: i am a uk citizen, fulfilling the first bullet point of the criteria above)
(edited 1 year ago)
If your ordinary residence (when not at university) is England then your funding will be assessed and awarded by SFE.

The first point is talking about people ordinarily RESIDENT (not for the purpose of education) in Wales who weren’t born there.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending