does anyone know how to get to the point when you start your assignment 🤔
Original post by isha1612

Keep your intros short, be concise and read through your work

@isha1612

Write down as much as you can.

Take a break (literally a minute, just to distract your mind).

Then re-read what you have written and cut out all the unnecessary words that do not add anything more.

So the above would be.....

Write.

Take a break.

Re-read what you have written and cut unnecessary words.

Oluwatosin 2nd year podiatry student University of Huddersfield
(edited 1 year ago)

Hi there,
With regards to starting your assignment I would look at what are you required to do and then starting with making a plan. Also, starting as early as you can can be really helpful in ensuring that you can get on with your exam.

I hope this helps,

Eleanor F
Student Ambassador

Hiya

I always start by breaking down the question into parts. Consider the following question:

'The ‘purposive approach’ developed by the Supreme Court in Autoclenz and Uber is crucial to the future evolution of employment law. It should resolve the problem of exclusion of ‘atypical’ working relationships from the law’s coverage. Discuss.'

I divided the question into different parts, starting with a brief analysis of Autoclenz and Uber cases and the court's decision in both. The court took a different kind of purposive approach in both, so it was necessary to indicate that. Then I moved on to what atypical working relationships are and why they don't receive much legal protection, the adverse impact of this on them and how the purposive approach laid in Uber and Autoclenz will resolve these issues. Lastly I made some mention of potential legal reform. All of this was combined briefly and explained both in the introduction and conclusion.

Hope that helps :smile:

-Himieka

Quick Reply

Latest