The Student Room Group

First car

I have a budget of 2.5k I wanted to know out of Suzuki swift and ford fiesta which one would be better as my first car
Fiestas are nice but you probably won’t get a very decent example within that budget.
I would get a reliable car brand and keep that - the Japanese do very good and reliable cars.

So, in this case, the Suzuki would be good.
Make sure you purchase a car that doesn’t have an MOT due soon and has a good MOT history. You can check out a cars MOT history here https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

If I had to pick between a Swift and a Fiesta, if it were between two cars of an identical age and mileage I’d got for the Fiesta but were the Swift a couple of years younger and with 20,000 fewer miles, I may have a different answer.
Reply 4
This depends on many factors the age, the size of the engine, mot, service history, part costs.

In my opinion I would choose ford fiesta as long as it is not Ecoboom sorry I meant 1L Ecoboost.
Reply 5
I forgot to mention if the fiesta is keyless ignition walk away unless it has aftermarket Ghost ll or pandora alarms. As fiesta is the number 1 most stolen car in the UK
Original post by Zizzi1
I forgot to mention if the fiesta is keyless ignition walk away unless it has aftermarket Ghost ll or pandora alarms. As fiesta is the number 1 most stolen car in the UK

You’d struggle to get a Fiesta with keyless start for £12,500 let alone £2,500! It’s also worth remembering that the Ford Fiesta was the best selling car from 2009 - 2020, so is it really that surprising that the most common car on British roads is also the most stolen?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 7
Ford introduced keyless ignition on the Mk6 fiesta which was 2008-2016 and still continued for the Mk7. So it is possible to get a keyless within that budget.

Original post by PoliticsIsLife
You’d struggle to get a Fiesta with keyless start for £12,500 let alone £2,500! It’s also worth remembering that the Ford Fiesta was the best selling car from 2009 - 2020, so is it really that surprising that the most common car on British roads is also the most stolen?
Original post by Rohan007best
I have a budget of 2.5k I wanted to know out of Suzuki swift and ford fiesta which one would be better as my first car

How about a hyundai i10, hyundai i20 or kia picanto.
Go for a Japanese or a German car.

Quick Reply

Latest