The Student Room Group

UoL or Uclan?

Hi, I am planning to do a Biochemistry degree in University of Liverpool or Pharmacology degree in university of Lancashire but I am unsure of which to choose.

I am interested in both, anyone has any insights to these two courses and unis? Will it really matter about the unis?
Hi there,

It's great to hear you're interested in studying at UCLan! I would recommend looking over each course website thoroughly, but if you would like insights about the course or from previous students then contact the Course Enquiry Team or Ask Students page on our website, there you can directly talk with students who have studied the Pharmacology course. https://www.uclan.ac.uk/study/ask-a-student

As for which University, that really depends on you, the University/City can shape your experience. For Pharmacology you’ll get complimentary student membership of the British Pharmacological Society. In your final year you can study neuropharmacology, behavioural pharmacology, current and future cancer treatments, and drugs of abuse. 99% of students who studied Pharmacology were in graduate-level work or further study after graduating.

Our main Campus is in the City of Preston which has been ranked 6th cheapest for accommodation, while we might not be as big as some of the surrounding cities in the North West we certainly have a lot going on for affordable prices! Preston Railway Station is only a 10 minute walk from Campus and is a gateway to the rest of the North West :smile:

If you have any general enquiries or more specific questions please feel welcome to send us a direct message over social media or contact our Student Support Team :smile:

all the best,

Joshua
Reply 2
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi there,

It's great to hear you're interested in studying at UCLan! I would recommend looking over each course website thoroughly, but if you would like insights about the course or from previous students then contact the Course Enquiry Team or Ask Students page on our website, there you can directly talk with students who have studied the Pharmacology course. https://www.uclan.ac.uk/study/ask-a-student

As for which University, that really depends on you, the University/City can shape your experience. For Pharmacology you’ll get complimentary student membership of the British Pharmacological Society. In your final year you can study neuropharmacology, behavioural pharmacology, current and future cancer treatments, and drugs of abuse. 99% of students who studied Pharmacology were in graduate-level work or further study after graduating.

Our main Campus is in the City of Preston which has been ranked 6th cheapest for accommodation, while we might not be as big as some of the surrounding cities in the North West we certainly have a lot going on for affordable prices! Preston Railway Station is only a 10 minute walk from Campus and is a gateway to the rest of the North West :smile:

If you have any general enquiries or more specific questions please feel welcome to send us a direct message over social media or contact our Student Support Team :smile:

all the best,

Joshua

Hi, that is really helpful, thank you. Do you know for the Pharmacology degree, what exactly is "the complimentary student membership of the British Pharmacological Society"? May you please let me know
Original post by Golae2451
Hi, that is really helpful, thank you. Do you know for the Pharmacology degree, what exactly is "the complimentary student membership of the British Pharmacological Society"? May you please let me know

The British Pharmacological Society is a charity that helps promote the study of Pharmacology, they hold conferences, meetings, share news and workshops. Usually there is a membership fee but as a student at UClan you are given a student membership. They have a lot of details on their website about benefits of being a member definitely worth checking out!

If you haven't already I recommend you look through our course page that goes in depth about what you can study and opportunities available: https://www.uclan.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/pharmacology-bsc

Best wishes,

Joshua :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest