The Student Room Group

Publishing

Let's say I live in North America but I am british by blood.

Would I be able to publish a book in UK even though I am in North America and most importantly get money from it?

I want to publish with my friends in UK for growth but I want to make an income.
I not sure what you mean by British Blood. We British have 4 main blood groups (types of blood) A, B, AB and O. It is red unless that is you are royalty and then it is apparently blue. :confused:

I think you are referring to ethnicity and once again this is very diverse. However I don't think ethnicity as in being a Briton (Welsh), maybe some folks in the Scottish Hebrides, Celtic, then later the Anglo Saxon which you may share some common ancestry with, then everyone else in this now multicultural society will have any bearing on publishing a book and receiving an equal share of the sale payment. :rolleyes:

I think you are trying to workout how you go about co-authorship payment and royalty rights? It sounds to me like you don't have a agent, publicises or a publisher.:rolleyes:

I would suggest that you and your fellow writing partner purchase the latest Artist and Writers Yearbook 2023. In addition contact lulu books they are self-publishers. Ask them in regards to being paid what happens in this event that there are co-authorship. :cool:

All the best...

:hello:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Ambergris
I not sure what you mean by British Blood. We British have 4 main blood groups (types of blood) A, B, AB and O. It is red unless that is you are royalty and then it is apparently blue. :confused:

I think you are referring to ethnicity and once again this is very diverse. However I don't think ethnicity as in being a Briton (Welsh), maybe some folks in the Scottish Hebrides, Celtic, then later the Anglo Saxon which you may share some common ancestry with, then everyone else in this now multicultural society will have any bearing on publishing a book and receiving an equal share of the sale payment. :rolleyes:

I think you are trying to workout how you go about co-authorship payment and royalty rights? It sounds to me like you don't have a agent, publicises or a publisher.:rolleyes:

I would suggest that you and your fellow writing partner purchase the latest Artist and Writers Yearbook 2023. In addition contact lulu books they are self-publishers. Ask them in regards to being paid what happens in this event that there are co-authorship. :cool:

All the best...

Like, citizenship. I have European citizenship. However, I live in North America. Would I be able to publish in Europe while in North America and get an income from it?
Original post by simplyhere
Like, citizenship. I have European citizenship. However, I live in North America. Would I be able to publish in Europe while in North America and get an income from it?

Well yes, of course but I think it would be a little more complicated. I suppose you can find someone in North America who can assist you on that. Here in Ireland, we have many book published from America, who don't have Irish blood in them. Also yes you will get an income of course, but I guess it would be less money as - $ cost a tiny bit to convert.
Original post by Golae2451
Well yes, of course but I think it would be a little more complicated. I suppose you can find someone in North America who can assist you on that. Here in Ireland, we have many book published from America, who don't have Irish blood in them. Also yes you will get an income of course, but I guess it would be less money as - $ cost a tiny bit to convert.

I am not a citizen of North America. I do not want to break any legal rules. I was thinking my co publishers would help find someone in Europe so it is solely based in Europe that can expand to North America. Do you think that is allowed?
I am not a citizen of North America. I do not want to break any legal rules. I was thinking my co publishers would help find someone in Europe so it is solely based in Europe that can expand to North America. Do you think that is allowed?

Well you said you have a citizenship in a european country so yes, but you will need a license to sell and maybe a license to sell internationally. Check if there are any international licenses on Google
Well you said you have a citizenship in a european country so yes, but you will need a license to sell and maybe a license to sell internationally. Check if there are any international licenses on Google

The problem is not publishing in Europe. The problem is publishing in Europe when living in foreign land
The problem is not publishing in Europe. The problem is publishing in Europe when living in foreign land

That is allowed of course, you are entitled to anything as long as your a citizen in the EU.
That is allowed of course, you are entitled to anything as long as your a citizen in the EU.

You do not understand, or maybe I do not understand. The problem is not EU laws, but North America laws.
Original post by Ambergris

I would suggest that you and your fellow writing partner purchase the latest Artist and Writers Yearbook 2023.

In addition contact lulu books they are self-publishers and other publisher about co-authorship the Uk, Europe and having international rights for the book. :cool:

All the best...

Please read the above

Then...
https://letterreview.com/can-you-publish-a-book-in-another-country/#:~:text=You%20can%20publish%20a%20book,your%20book%20in%20other%20countries

See you and Aon
Good luck...
You do not need to live in the same country as your publisher.

I contacted Lulu Books. I will wait for their reply. Thank you for your help. I will keep you guys updated!
Original post by 1582
You do not need to live in the same country as your publisher.

Thank you! :smile:
"There are no issues with this on Lulu's end, however you should check with your local and home authorities as to whether this would be an issue."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending