The Student Room Group

Rate my skincare routine

I have normal (possibly combination) skin and it’s acne prone. I also have large pores and some scarring. These are the products I use :
Morning :
Inkey list - salicylic acid cleanser
The ordinary - nicinimide serum
Simple - triple protect moisturiser 30 SPF
Simple - kind to skin 12hr day moisturiser
Night :
The ordinary - glycolic acid toner

I’ve almost finished the glycolic acid toner but I don’t know wether to get it again , I’ve read that it can be bad for going out in the sun even though I wear SPF. Just wondering if there’s any better ones to achieve clear skin with a smoother texture that will fit in my routine.
Original post by kerry.woollands
I have normal (possibly combination) skin and it’s acne prone. I also have large pores and some scarring. These are the products I use :
Morning :
Simple - triple protect moisturiser 30 SPF
Night :
The ordinary - glycolic acid toner

I’ve almost finished the glycolic acid toner but I don’t know wether to get it again , I’ve read that it can be bad for going out in the sun even though I wear SPF. Just wondering if there’s any better ones to achieve clear skin with a smoother texture that will fit in my routine.

I think most people have combination skin.

No skincare genius myself, but I see SPF for the day which is always a plus. And tbh, any attempt at skincare is always a good thing, so that's a plus too.

However, I'd cut down on the salicylic acid cleanser. Maybe just use it once a day (I'd recommend night) as overusing it could dry your face out. I'd also recommend you pick between glycolic acid and salicylic acid for the same reason. Some people even use the acid cleansers every other day for that reason but it depends on your experience I think.

I'll give you credit for the moisturiser to balance that dryness out. I hear serums are meant to absorb into the skin better though, so if you're interested, I'd look into that. Even so, moisturiser is still a plus.

Overall, good enough I think! But again, I'm not an expert 😅
Reply 2
Why are you using 2 moisturisers at once? Just stick with the SPF one, summer and winter.
(edited 1 year ago)
I'm just now trying to get a skincare routine together. But I'd like the simplest and cheapest(without compromising anything). My skin is dry and sometimes sensitive. Currently I use a soap bar(palmolive) to cleanse both my face and body then moisturise with lotion(vasseline intensive care essential healing lotion). And that's it I know I need to add spf and I'm not sure the bar soap I'm using is great it's quite drying but I would like products that I could use on both my face and body
Not bad :smile:
Maybe try getting a more nourishing cleaner for your evening routine and a good night cream followed by an eye cream.
Night creams aren’t cheap but such good investments, I noticed such a difference with my skin when I used thicker and more moisturising products overnight.
Grown alchemist products were a total game changer for me with my skin but I’ll admit I stock up when they are on sale (I get it all for under £75) because otherwise it’s a bit of a small mortgage with the night cream alone being £84 a pot 😮*💨

Quick Reply

Latest