The Student Room Group

Which uni should I choose for Law?

I have applied to Manchester, Leeds, Warwick, York and Sheffield for Law and currently have offers from Manchester, York and Sheffield.

If I were to get an offer, uni would be best to choose? I'm leaning towards Leeds if I hear back from them but still totally unsure. Any advice appreciated, thanks!
Why are you leaning towards Leeds? I know they have a great ranking for law, but all these universities are the same for studying law. I’m not saying don’t pick Leeds, your reasons for choosing need to be the right reason.

York and Warwick are dead places to be a student if you care about social life.
York has a weird teaching method as well, so look into that.

Tbh only the location and social life are factors to consider here (bar the York teaching method).

Sheffield might be the best insurance as they should be the most lenient on results day.
Reply 2
Original post by LawStudent456
Why are you leaning towards Leeds? I know they have a great ranking for law, but all these universities are the same for studying law. I’m not saying don’t pick Leeds, your reasons for choosing need to be the right reason.

York and Warwick are dead places to be a student if you care about social life.
York has a weird teaching method as well, so look into that.

Tbh only the location and social life are factors to consider here (bar the York teaching method).

Sheffield might be the best insurance as they should be the most lenient on results day.

My main reason for choosing Leeds was the ranking really. I do want to go somewhere that is considered highly by employers with good employability prospects but also somewhere with a good social aspect. I didn't think that Sheffield and Manchester were as highly regarded as the others?
Original post by spmtr_05
My main reason for choosing Leeds was the ranking really. I do want to go somewhere that is considered highly by employers with good employability prospects but also somewhere with a good social aspect. I didn't think that Sheffield and Manchester were as highly regarded as the others?

Again, you’ve based that purely off the rankings lol. They are all the same prospects wise.
Original post by spmtr_05

There's far more to 'good employability prospects' than trying to slice it and dice it between very similar universities such as those which you've listed. I really wouldn't sweat it too much by poring over tables and spreadsheets and just pick the one you think you'll be happiest at, considering things such as location, student experience etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending