The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

surrey uni accomodation

Hi, I have a few questions about Surrey's first year accommodation :smile:
Is there any way to guarantee which band you get? How common is it to get your top 2 options? And how specific can you be? (e.g. can you request a certain location/request an ensuite) Also, do they send out a questionnaire like other unis specifying the kind of environment you want to be in (e.g. quiet vs. loud area/mixed sex vs. single sex/alcohol vs. no alcohol/etc.)

Thank you in advance :smile:
Hi there!

It's really exciting to hear that you're interested in studying at Surrey!

In terms of accommodation, I've never heard of anyone not getting their first choice band. Th majority of rooms are Band C (shared bathroom) and Band D (ensuite) so if you pick one of these, you will pretty much be guaranteed your first choice.

At this moment in time, I don't think it is possible to put a location preference but if you choose Band C, you will definitely be on our main Stag Hill Campus, and if you pick Band D, you could be on either Stag Hill or Manor Park (about 20 minute walk to uni). There is a bus that runs from Manor Park to Stag Hill but I personally loved the walk. The supermarket is also in between the two campuses (probably slightly closer to Manor Park).

We do have a limited number of flats for certain lifestyle choices (alcohol-free, quiet, same-sex). You can read more here: https://www.surrey.ac.uk/accommodation/applying/specific-accommodation-requirements

All of our rooms have been refurbished over the last few years so you will receive a beautifully modern and fresh space, fully-furnished and ready to go!

If you have any more questions about Surrey, accommodation or uni life, please do get in touch!

Best wishes,
Alice
Modern Languages Student
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I have a few questions about Surrey's first year accommodation :smile:
Is there any way to guarantee which band you get? How common is it to get your top 2 options? And how specific can you be? (e.g. can you request a certain location/request an ensuite) Also, do they send out a questionnaire like other unis specifying the kind of environment you want to be in (e.g. quiet vs. loud area/mixed sex vs. single sex/alcohol vs. no alcohol/etc.)

Thank you in advance :smile:

My son is in Band C accommodation at Stag Hill and he is really pleased with his flat. He originally had first choice of BAnd D (ensuite) but is now pleased that he got the BAnd C as it is ~£50 per week cheaper. He has 3 showers between 14 of them and has never had to wait - can always shower when he wants. Bonus is that he doesn't have to clean them either! The flat is centrally placed in the campus and has a great view.
He likes the proximity to Guildford, the Surrey Sports Park and the large Tesco.
Reply 3
Original post by MadMathsMum
My son is in Band C accommodation at Stag Hill and he is really pleased with his flat. He originally had first choice of BAnd D (ensuite) but is now pleased that he got the BAnd C as it is ~£50 per week cheaper. He has 3 showers between 14 of them and has never had to wait - can always shower when he wants. Bonus is that he doesn't have to clean them either! The flat is centrally placed in the campus and has a great view.
He likes the proximity to Guildford, the Surrey Sports Park and the large Tesco.

thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest