The Student Room Group

Time anxious about the exams- feel like I don't have enough time

Looking for some answers to inform me on my situation. I am currently doing 4 A levels (History, Politics, Economics, Business studies) and I have only just started revising for the A levels. I got straight 9s at GCSE so I aim aiming for A*A*A*A* (even though I know this probably wont happen) and I'm feeling as if I don't have enough time. Is 3 months enough to get me from A*AAB to 4 A*'s?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
hello hope you're doing well,
I know this isnt relevant to your question. But can i ask if you can help me as i also want to get all 9s in GCSE, so if you could tell me how you revised etc, when you started and all the details on how you managed to get all 9s. This would be so helpful and i cant express how helpful it will be. Good luck with whatever you do, thanks in advance, and much love.
Original post by Inam.M
hello hope you're doing well,
I know this isnt relevant to your question. But can i ask if you can help me as i also want to get all 9s in GCSE, so if you could tell me how you revised etc, when you started and all the details on how you managed to get all 9s. This would be so helpful and i cant express how helpful it will be. Good luck with whatever you do, thanks in advance, and much love.

Hi, I started revising at Christmas (not intensive) and properly started around this time (February half term). For me, I revised by noting from a textbook leaving out some important words which I filled it the next time i looked at the sheet (next revision session for that subject), and then looked over it the next time and highlighted it. I think the most important thing to make sure you do for your revision are past papers- make sure you use them properly to expose holes in your knowledge and make sure you know the exam scheme and exam technique inside out - even if you knew everything on every syllabus in humanities subjects like history you wouldn't get more than a third of the marks if you don't know how to write an essay according to the exam mark scheme. Ultimately different things work for different people - so there is no set way to revise, it's something that you discover by yourself through trial and error. Wish you the best of luck :smile:
Original post by AlexStricklin12
Looking for some answers to inform me on my situation. I am currently doing 4 A levels (History, Politics, Economics, Business studies) and I have only just started revising for the A levels. I got straight 9s at GCSE so I aim aiming for A*A*A*A* (even though I know this probably wont happen) and I'm feeling as if I don't have enough time. Is 3 months enough to get me from A*AAB to 4 A*'s?

im also starting to revise for a levels now. the thing is it depends if you've been revising anyway as with a levels your supposed to be putting extra hours of revision and work outside of school. if you have been doing this then it will be easier for you and I think 3 months will be fine. it depends on how you choose to revise. I can't really give you specific ways to revise cause I do bio chem and maths but there's nothing you can do about the time you've got left so just start revising

Quick Reply

Latest