The Student Room Group

university selection and course decission

hi, i got offer from royal Holloway and uni of surrey for msc artificial intelligence and qmul for msc bigdata science, the qmul msc is bcs accredited. which is the best option for me to choose
I guess the most important question to ask is can you afford to live in London?

If the answer is no, then you're going to Royal Holloway or Surrey.

If the answer is yes then you could give QMUL a try.
Hi @harsha1399

Hope you're doing well. Please compare the modules of the course from both the universities and choose the one which you feel are most interesting to you and will helps you with career growth. Alongside, do a good research on the life at both the universities, try getting in touch with alumni and know what they say about their experience, compare pros and cons and then come to a conclusion. Hope this helps:smile:

Kind regards
Bhavya Harika
Student ambassador- Coventry University

Original post by harsha1399
hi, i got offer from royal Holloway and uni of surrey for msc artificial intelligence and qmul for msc bigdata science, the qmul msc is bcs accredited. which is the best option for me to choose
Hi there!

It's really exciting to hear that you're interested in studying at Surrey! It can be really difficult to decide which offer to accept so here are some of my tips for working out which is best for you.

Firstly, I'd recommend visiting on an offer holder day. This will give you the chance to have taster lectures, get to know the lecturers, and get a feel for the uni life here. This was the best thing I could've done as I was in the same situation and the offer holder day at Surrey put it straight up to my first choice. You can find our postgraduate virtual open week here: https://www.surrey.ac.uk/postgraduate-study/events

Secondly, I would recommend looking at the modules for each course and weigh up which one has the most modules that align with your future goals and personal enjoyment.

If you have any more questions about Surrey or student life here, please do get in touch!

Best wishes,
Alice
Modern Languages Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending