The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Student Life Hacks !?

Here are some small tips about getting the best discounts as a student! :tongue:

Digital Railcard
- Though I was hesitant at first, the rail card gives you 30% off all train fares when you buy train tickets with it. At the cost of 30 pounds for a year or, if you are between 16 - 25, 70 pounds for three years!
- I have also heard that linking your railcard to your oyster card gives you a discount on tube fares as well!
- Despite living close to university, I decided to get a railcard as the occasional train trips to the city really started adding up! :eek:

Student Art Pass
- Incredibly useful for art lovers out there who are interested in visiting art galleries and museums throughout the UK!
- At the cost of 5 pounds for the first year, you’ll get a 50% discount for most exhibitions around the UK!

Today Tix
- Perfect for getting the best prices and tickets for musical and play lovers!:colondollar:
- They occasionally have rush or lottery tickets where you can win tickets for real cheap!

Unidays
- Amazing platform with a wide variety of discounts for food, entertainment, travel, lifestyle and fashion!
- A few to note: Up to 10% discount for Apple products, 35% off Dominos, 15% off National Express…

Student Beans
- A similar platform to Unidays, with tons of different discounts ranging from entertainment, food, lifestyle and fashion!
- To name a few: 20% off Holland and Barrett, 2 for 1 Odeon tickets, 10% off ASOS…:cool:

Amazon Prime
- 6 months Amazon Prime free trial, perfect for when you are moving into halls or a new place!
- Incredibly useful for getting bulky items, necessities or appliances delivered straight to your door!

Nectar Card
- Collect points from spending at partnered shops like Sainsbury’s, Argos and Ebay.
- Not only can you get discounted prices for certain items, once these points accumulate, you can spend them at shops like Sainsbury’s!

These are a few little tips I wish I had known before starting university and I hope they help!
Know any other great student hacks or dollar stretching tips? Feel free to drop them down in the comments below!:h:

Zhi En (BA Fashion) :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending