The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA Accommodation

Hi! Do any Uea students have any advice or experience with the accommodation offered by the university?
I’m applying for accommodation soon and wanting some input on what the types of accommodation are really like!
Reply 1
Original post by Blblblb101
Hi! Do any Uea students have any advice or experience with the accommodation offered by the university?
I’m applying for accommodation soon and wanting some input on what the types of accommodation are really like!

I'm applying to UEA aswell and i took a lot of notes about the accomodation when i went to visit. There were 2 types ensuite and shared bathroom and there was also on campus accomodation and off Campus accomodation (the village but its just across the road from the sports centre and practically on campus)
The accomodation at UEA is quite expensive ranging from about £160-210 depending on what you choose.
The shared accomodation - Ziggurats - If i'm honest i wasn't the biggest fan of this accomodation. If you want a cheaper option or are very social then this accomodation is good, however i personally found the kitchen quite industrial like slightly like a school kitchen which i wasn't a fan of.
There is a few ensuite on campus choices which range in price. My favourite was Nelson Court which was the mid priced one, it was very decent with a sofa in the kitchens and decent sized rooms. There was Barton and Hickling at the top of the campus which is the more expensive accomodation but again very nice. There are other mid priced ones in the middle such as Britton house which i was less fond of. These on campus accomodation seem to be some of the most social.
The Off campus accomodation has differences such as ensuite and ensuite plus. The off campus accomodation was cheaper than on campus and i was told was slightly more quiet. I really liked the Ensuite plus. The ensuite was nice but the flat i was shown around was a little dark but was would be a decent place to live.
I'm sure there are also more options and UEA does actually have a really good website for the accomodation and you can do 360 degree tours of most of the accomodation so i would suggest doing that to get a true view of what the accomodation looks like.
I hope this helps.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
I lived in the village first year but I'm pretty certain the price is going up by like £20-30 next year because they're upgrading most of them, but the upgrades are quite nice and it's only across the road from campus. Most people just picked there because it's the cheapest ensuite.
the ziggs has shared bathrooms. the nicest is Barton, Hickling, or Crome court but they're really pricy. Campus ensuites are alright.
The only issue is the kitchens in all the accommodation's are hit and miss. Unless you live in Barton etc. a lot of them don't even have ovens and just these weird convection microwave things with an oven setting.
Reply 3
Ziggs are bad, Barton and Hickling better than Crome but Crome has big kitchens. Barton House is awful, Colman house is ok, Constable terrace is ok, the ones behind crome are also bad. Victory house is ok.

Offcampus Crown Place probably best
Original post by Blblblb101

Hey @Blblblb101 :smile:

It really depends on what you're looking for; each one has pros and cons. A lot of people really like the ZIggs because of how social it is with it's communal areas, layout and amazing view! Yet, others prefer to have an en-suite bathroom and those blocks are relatively similar with slight differences such as Nelson Court having a more house-y layout (with rooms on different levels like a house and not halls) compared to Colman House (this is more of a typical 'Uni halls' layout). Regardless of which accommodation you opt for, you'll meet some amazing people from your flat but also your course and from clubs and societies!

You can use our accommodation finder to help you choose and view the different room tours here!

Please do let me know if you have any other questions! :smile:
Isabella (Msc Brand Leadership)

Quick Reply

Latest