The Student Room Group

Accomodation

I’m looking into accomodation at Northumbria and I was looking at Quay Point and I just wanted to know if it’s good or if there’s a better option?
Hi Beth,

Whilst I didn't study at the uni, nor know the area, I would research and check out the reviews from past and current students who are there.
The following links should provide some useful information into what it's like to stay there.
https://www.studentcrowd.com/hall-l1004493-s1043792-quay-point-newcastle_upon_tyne
https://www.student.com/uk/newcastle/p/liberty-quay
https://amberstudent.com/places/quay-point-studios-newcastle-2002155924885

For me, when choosing accommodation, I'd want it to be close to the train station and the Uni campus that my course would be using the most, and within a 5-10 min walking distance to the city centre.
Checking Google Maps, I can see that the location is right by the Metro station called 'Manors', and within a 10-12 min walk to the University.
It's also near the River for quiet walks and peace, plus the concert hall of Sage Gateshead for events, and my personal favourite, the Hard Rock Cafe near the Tyne Bridge :wink:

Hope this helps.
Original post by beth_porter2005
I’m looking into accomodation at Northumbria and I was looking at Quay Point and I just wanted to know if it’s good or if there’s a better option?

Hi Beth. My daughter has firmed Northumbria and has recently booked a room at Quay Point to start in September. She booked it direct with Unite rather than through the Uni. We went to view and it was nice. We booked a few viewings with different accommodation on the same day. We've visited Trinity Square, Byron Central, Camden Court, Winn and New Bridge Street. The walk from Uni was flat and fine. They are refurbishing the Gym in November and renewing the quiet study space. There was a communal room also. There are a couple of virtual tours on You Tube. The flats were nice. It was close to the Uni, Quayside and City Centre with a little shop across the road. I hope you find something that works for you.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by beth_porter2005

Hi Beth,
I'd say most accommodations are good, it just entirely depends on which one is right for you. I stayed in that area of Newcastle in my final year of university and I would recommend if you're looking for a short commute to Northumbria University, good transport links (Manors Bank is the nearest metro station) and local amenities (there is a Sainsbury's local just up the road). If you wanted to look at alternative areas in Newcastle, another popular area is by St James' Park (this is where our accommodations are at Student Roost). This is further from Northumbria University but is very close to the train station and is not far from bars and nightlife.

Hope this helps!

- Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending