Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone know where they're going in life??!! watch

ReputationRep:
    I've got good GCSE grades, and am predicted good A-level results- but where the hell is it getting me! I hate the thought of going to uni and studying for another 3 years and i'm completely unsure of what to do next year! help. Is anyone else in the same position? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Yup... i'm in the same position.
    ...So can't really offer any help. =\

ReputationRep:
    no. i got good grades but i know where i'm going. I'm going down the path of failure

i've applied for law. always wanted to be one since i was 10.

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine Becca - loads of people don't know where they're going; you're still young after all you could change your mind 1000 times as I do.

what do you want to do? i cudnt b arsed with goin to college/uni so i just got a job as soon as i left skool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilbecca69)
    I've got good GCSE grades, and am predicted good A-level results- but where the hell is it getting me! I hate the thought of going to uni and studying for another 3 years and i'm completely unsure of what to do next year! help. Is anyone else in the same position? :confused:
    This thread is depressing...
    I'm about to start my last year in school, have no idea what I want to do in university or where I'm going to apply to since I'll only afford going abroad if I get a scholarship and it only seems worht it if it's to go to a top college (or else I prefer to stay here). If I do tay here then my IGCSE and IB grades aren't worth anything at all...

ReputationRep:
    i love the idea of hair dressing but it isnt exactly the best paid job and every time i mention it to anyone asking what i want to do turns their nose up at it. i think many people consider it a bimbo's job, but i think it could be pretty rewarding.

ReputationRep:
    i love the idea of hair dressing but it isnt exactly the best paid job and every time i mention it to anyone asking what i want to do turns their nose up at it. i think many people consider it a bimbo's job, but i think it could be pretty rewarding.
    well why not go that step further and own a hair dressers

ReputationRep:
    yeah i wish, but it takes so much money and hard work, my family aren't the wealthiest.i'd be willing to put in the hard work but am unsure of where the money would come from.

ReputationRep:
    No, i don't know - i'm on a path at the moment that i don't wish to proceed with; but do.

ReputationRep:
    I'm AT university and I still don't know what I want to do.

any ideas plzkthnx ='(

ReputationRep:
    yeah i wish, but it takes so much money and hard work, my family aren't the wealthiest.i'd be willing to put in the hard work but am unsure of where the money would come from.
    slightly off topic but has anyone been watching "Dragon's den" ? BB2 tues 8:00pm i think.
    There's one guy on the panel who left school with only 2 "O- Levels" and is a multi-millionaire. It's quite an interesting programme.

ReputationRep:
    people put so much pressure on students these days- expecting them to know where they are going the minute they finish their exams

ReputationRep:
    According to my form tutor, I'm too immature to go to uni because I don't know what I want to do with my life. I told him that the majority of people preparing to go to uni were in the same situation, but he wouldn't have it

ReputationRep:
    anyone need to get anything off their chest? im fed up with this subject

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    According to my form tutor, I'm too immature to go to uni because I don't know what I want to do with my life. I told him that the majority of people preparing to go to uni were in the same situation, but he wouldn't have it
    my form tutor said something similar about my best friend..., he then showed up with a hangover and hickey the next morning in school (the teacher not my friend...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    Yup... i'm in the same position.
    ...So can't really offer any help. =\
    u gounna become a doc?

ReputationRep:
    You know what? For the first time in my life everything is going SO great. I've found the perfect job, I'm having a marvellously relaxing gap year, I've met the most amazing person EVER and I'm currently holding an unconditional Cambridge offer. How lucky am I?!\ :juggle: :top: :proud: :champ:

ReputationRep:
    im going towards a grave like everyone else here.

what happens in between? you're guess is as good as mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    You know what? For the first time in my life everything is going SO great. I've found the perfect job, I'm having a marvellously relaxing gap year, I've met the most amazing person EVER and I'm currently holding an unconditional Cambridge offer. How lucky am I?!\ :juggle: :top: :proud: :champ:
    thats all very nice...but your sig's too big :p:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.