The Student Room Group

Urgent help UNITE STUDENTS tenancy drop out

Hi I decided to find a replacement tenant at the start of the year. My uni accom team found me a replacement and unite confirmed to be over the phone that they had a booking for 04/02/2023. Up untill this week I was unaware the tenant cancelled during there 7 day trial. Unite students never let me or my uni accom team know. I also spoke to unite payments team as I still saw my outstanding balance of full instalment and they told me to wait 7 days as this updates. So in my belief it had all been sorted when really it had not. In this time the chances of me finding a replacement tenant have dropped largely, I have to pay hundreds more in rent and wait a lot longer till I can find one (if anyone even wants to move in anymore). I have been moved out since beginning of year and now loads in debt. On top of this I definitely cannot afford this. What do I do!!!
Original post by skuci0
Hi I decided to find a replacement tenant at the start of the year. My uni accom team found me a replacement and unite confirmed to be over the phone that they had a booking for 04/02/2023. Up untill this week I was unaware the tenant cancelled during there 7 day trial. Unite students never let me or my uni accom team know. I also spoke to unite payments team as I still saw my outstanding balance of full instalment and they told me to wait 7 days as this updates. So in my belief it had all been sorted when really it had not. In this time the chances of me finding a replacement tenant have dropped largely, I have to pay hundreds more in rent and wait a lot longer till I can find one (if anyone even wants to move in anymore). I have been moved out since beginning of year and now loads in debt. On top of this I definitely cannot afford this. What do I do!!!

I can't really help as I am in the same situation with canvas :frown: hope it all gets sorted for you! xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending