The Student Room Group

Need some GCSE help?

Hello everyone, since GCSES are now just under 12 weeks away. I would like to ask how did everyone revise in order to get 9’s and 8’s? I’m struggling with physics, economics and geography so any help with those 3 specifically would be great.
Original post by paracqilo
Hello everyone, since GCSES are now just under 12 weeks away. I would like to ask how did everyone revise in order to get 9’s and 8’s? I’m struggling with physics, economics and geography so any help with those 3 specifically would be great.

I got an 8 in GCSE physics and I did a bunch of practice questions which worked and got me the 8 I didn't expect. My sister got an 8-7 in combined science and she watched cognito videos, made notes and did the cognito quizzes after watching to really wrap her head around it.
Geography - learn the case studies, apply case studies to your theory - remember exam structure.
If you do edexcel B geography - I have an acronym for the 16 mark questions.
I didn't do economics but if it's like business, flashcards are the way to go (my sister got an 8 in business using flashcards)
Reply 2
Original post by JA03
I got an 8 in GCSE physics and I did a bunch of practice questions which worked and got me the 8 I didn't expect. My sister got an 8-7 in combined science and she watched cognito videos, made notes and did the cognito quizzes after watching to really wrap her head around it.
Geography - learn the case studies, apply case studies to your theory - remember exam structure.
If you do edexcel B geography - I have an acronym for the 16 mark questions.
I didn't do economics but if it's like business, flashcards are the way to go (my sister got an 8 in business using flashcards)

Thank you so much
Original post by paracqilo
Thank you so much

No worries! If you do edexcel B geography, let me know so I can give you some tailored advice however if you don't, I have general advice for you.

When making revision material (I do mind maps) Apply a case study to each part of your theory, e.g. earthquake - do Haiti/Christchurch/Japan (Tohoku)/China (Sichuan) or maybe something to do with flood risk - Storm Desmond, Thunder Thursday (2012 floods), 2007 summer floods, Sheffield floods (use Sheffield if you're gonna talk about how building on a drainage basin increases flood risk as the basin it's in is also the site of the confluence of 3 rivers)

Quick Reply

Latest