The Student Room Group

What university for zoology?

Hi!
I applied for a BSc. Zoology at Swansea, Chester and Aberystwyth, a BSc. Zoology with Marine Zoology at Bangor and the BSc. Wildlife Conservation course at Nottingham Trent. I have offers from Swansea, Aberystwyth and Bangor so far, still waiting on the other two.

Being an international student, I haven't had the opportunity to visit the universities yet, so I was wondering if someone could give me an insight on the course (what are the lecturers/modules like, field trips/how often do lecturers do field work etc.) and on the university themselves (location-wise, people, things to do etc). I looked through all of the websites but would be really grateful if someone could give me their first-hand experience for these unis and the courses.

Thanks a lot!
Have you looked and seen if any of the universities have a unibuddy (you should be able to see on their website) who could answer course specific subjects at each university….

An example - https://api.unibuddy.co/og/bangor-university/buddies/students/637e6f55d6080b359d7a3c47?buddyPosition=share (bsc zoology at Bangor not w marine as they don’t seem to have a unibuddy ambassador for that?)

But each uni should have something similar :smile:

I worked as one at uni for my subject & we were selected bc of our knowledge and or our want to share abojt our course.
Original post by AtropaBelladonna
Hi!
I applied for a BSc. Zoology at Swansea, Chester and Aberystwyth, a BSc. Zoology with Marine Zoology at Bangor and the BSc. Wildlife Conservation course at Nottingham Trent. I have offers from Swansea, Aberystwyth and Bangor so far, still waiting on the other two.

Being an international student, I haven't had the opportunity to visit the universities yet, so I was wondering if someone could give me an insight on the course (what are the lecturers/modules like, field trips/how often do lecturers do field work etc.) and on the university themselves (location-wise, people, things to do etc). I looked through all of the websites but would be really grateful if someone could give me their first-hand experience for these unis and the courses.

Thanks a lot!

I’m in the same situation and i was wondering which you chose and why?
Original post by AberOrSwansea

Hi there,

I am a Student Ambassador in the Life Sciences Dept. for Aberystwyth University, it is great that you may be considering Aber! If you have any questions I can help with do please ask.

Laurie 🙂
Original post by AberOrSwansea

Hi there! I'm a current Zoology BSc student here at the University of Plymouth, so if you're wanting any general zoology advice, let me know and I'd be happy to help! 😀

Best of luck! 🙂

-Alfie, University of Plymouth Undergraduate Student Rep

Latest

Trending

Trending