maths-7
english-8
biology-7
chemistry-8
physics-7
drama-6
french-6
re-8

how can i improve certain subjects without spending too much time on them and then neglecting the others? i seem to have quite a big range right now and would like to balance it out and get consistent 8s or 9s for my gcses. im also worried the time may not be sufficient to get all of this done before exams start. any tips would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
Original post by bombastuonali11
these are my current grades from mocks:
maths-7
english-8
biology-7
chemistry-8
physics-7
drama-6
french-6
re-8

how can i improve certain subjects without spending too much time on them and then neglecting the others? i seem to have quite a big range right now and would like to balance it out and get consistent 8s or 9s for my gcses. im also worried the time may not be sufficient to get all of this done before exams start. any tips would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

For sciences, since you've done your mocks, just past papers. When you're marking your answers flag/highlight the question topics that you are weak in and do topic questions on them. Also, I would recommend for definition questions and repeated questions just memorise some answers for them (ideally by looking at the mark scheme). After repetition like this, you will be at the grade 8/9 standard.

For French, I would just do vocab mainly. Use platforms such as Quizlet and/or Anki to do vocab revision.
I was at a grade 7 in french during mocks and I got a 9 in the end by mainly learning vocab and doing practice papers. So a grade 9 is possible at your stage.

For:

- French listening - JUST practice papers (can't really do much else) - slowly develop an 'ear' for french so you can come to the point when you know what they're saying
- French speaking - practise in front of the mirror or with your parents and memorise answers for questions you will be asked
- French writing - ensure you can use all three tenses correctly - if you do that in the exam it's really beneficial to your overall writing mark + also do vocab and create a bank for words other than 'good', 'nice' etc.

Didn't do drama so won't be able to help.

Hope the rest helps!
this is so helpful, thank you for your reply!

Quick Reply

Latest