The Student Room Group

Eduqas A-Level Geography NEA ideas

We're starting to think about NEA project ideas, and I'm staying on a spit in Portugal in the summer so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what I could resaerch there? I was thinking about evaluating their coastal defences but I'm not sure if that is enough to make a whole NEA out of it. Also if I did that, I'm not sure what data I could collect.
Original post by beth10101
We're starting to think about NEA project ideas, and I'm staying on a spit in Portugal in the summer so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what I could resaerch there? I was thinking about evaluating their coastal defences but I'm not sure if that is enough to make a whole NEA out of it. Also if I did that, I'm not sure what data I could collect.

You could evaluate their coastal defences.
I didn't do a physical NEA because I.. suck at coasts, horrendously but here's what I can say to help:

You can measure longshore drift as you're staying on a spit and it just works yk?

You can look to see if they have any vegetation and do some NEA work on that

Beach profiles (in terms of flood defences to see if they worked - you can also use spearman's rank)

Data you could collect include, maybe efficiency (using a bipolar analysis)

Uhm, spearman's rank is good.

If you're staying on a spit, it probably still is growing so you could measure the daily/weekly change in the spit.

That's as much as I can give as I'm more of a physical theory gal.

Quick Reply