The Student Room Group

Automative programmes

Original post by Muttley79
Thanks for the tag :smile:

Hi @Muttley79,
I'm from India and I'm planning to join the motorsport engineering course at oxford brookes, I had also considered Cranfield before but without scholarships my affordability is low. Do think will it be wise for me to join oxford brookes itself and will I be able to get a good job after graduating from brookes? I need your advice on this please!!!
Original post by crazy_blunder
Hi @Muttley79,
I'm from India and I'm planning to join the motorsport engineering course at oxford brookes, I had also considered Cranfield before but without scholarships my affordability is low. Do think will it be wise for me to join oxford brookes itself and will I be able to get a good job after graduating from brookes? I need your advice on this please!!!

Yes - Brookes is a Target for F1 teams if that is what you are aiming for. It's near what is called the 'Golden Triangle' ie a lot of F1 teams based nearby.
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi @Muttley79,

Hi there,

Glad to hear you might consider Cranfield!

Getting scholarships not only makes the course more affordable, but also looks great on a CV, letting employers know that you have already displayed exceptional standards and are worth investing in.
Funding is a major factor for nearly every student, so Cranfield has some resources you might find useful. These include scholarships, grants, and loans, and even part-time employment during your studies.
Check out this page for lots of helpful info:
https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/study/taught-degrees/fees-and-funding

When looking at so many different scholarships, loans, etc. that all have different eligibility criteria, it can get very overwhelming just to find the ones you should apply for (before the application process even begins!).
Cranfield has a ‘funding finder’ that will allow you to filter by your course type, nationality, etc. to make that search much easier. Check it out here:
http://search.cranfield.ac.uk/s/search.html?_gac=1.19356106.1677157586.Cj0KCQiAutyfBhCMARIsAMgcRJRZ1Ga31rV5fqLHJDliAUDUbOHTzSs8MLL3kqt3yJaH5zdhoa8Cdr4aAhpwEALw_wcB&query=&profile=_default&_ga=2.183465582.979430699.1676886475-823192391.1643980778&clive=cranfield-funding&collection=cranfield-meta&f.Tabs%7Ccranfield-funding=Funding

Then, each page will give more details on the amount of the scholarship, how to apply, even others who applied successfully and have written blogs/intros!

Best of luck in any applications, and of course feel free to reach out to me on our Cranfield TSR page if you have any further questions 😊
Ciara
3rd year Agrifood PhD student
Cranfield Student Ambassador
Hi @Muttley79,

HI @crazy_blunder,

Great to hear you are considering coming to Oxford Brookes University. I understand that this can feel like a very big commitment with a lot of costs involved, but there are scholarship opportunities available. For more information on Brookes Scholarships, please see the link here.

I can also say that Motorsport Engineering is certainly one of our most popular, competitive and well-regarded courses at the University. It is perfectly placed to find you a job in motorsport, assuming you can do well on the course. I hope this is helpful and get in touch with Admissions if you have further questions.

Best wishes,
Daniel

Admissions Office
Oxford Brookes University
Reply 4
Original post by OxfordBrookesRep
HI @crazy_blunder,

Great to hear you are considering coming to Oxford Brookes University. I understand that this can feel like a very big commitment with a lot of costs involved, but there are scholarship opportunities available. For more information on Brookes Scholarships, please see the link here.

I can also say that Motorsport Engineering is certainly one of our most popular, competitive and well-regarded courses at the University. It is perfectly placed to find you a job in motorsport, assuming you can do well on the course. I hope this is helpful and get in touch with Admissions if you have further questions.

Best wishes,
Daniel

Admissions Office

Hi Team, I got a conditional offer letter from Oxford Brookes for Motorports engineering and I've accepted it, But it is taking time for me to arrange the deposit amount of 8000 pounds, can you guys at least give me a possibility that if I pay the deposit amount on/before 6th of April can I secure a seat for this year? Thank you and hoping for a quick & positive reply.
Hi Team, I got a conditional offer letter from Oxford Brookes for Motorports engineering and I've accepted it, But it is taking time for me to arrange the deposit amount of 8000 pounds, can you guys at least give me a possibility that if I pay the deposit amount on/before 6th of April can I secure a seat for this year? Thank you and hoping for a quick & positive reply.

Hi @crazy_blunder,

Thanks for your message and congratulations on your offer! It will be absolutely no issue if you pay your deposit on or before 06/04. This is also before the International Student Scholarship deadline, which should mean that you automatically qualify for a £2,000 scholarship.

You will still have to meet the other conditions of your offer (if there are any) before you are made an Unconditional Firm offer. Depending on which country you are applying from, you may also have to do a pre-CAS interview, however paying your deposit on this date should be fine. If you have further questions, feel free to get in touch with us directly in Admissions.

Best wishes,
Daniel

Admissions Office

Quick Reply