The Student Room Group

What would you give this foundation year sociology essay?

I am doing a sociology foundation year at uni, and I received a grade for this essay a few months back - this was the first essay I had ever written (I have no A Levels and never went to college). Could someone please give this a rough ballpark grade? Also, any improvements would be great - I know there aren't many references, but we were told not to use more than a certain number. Please bare in mind this is a foundation year essay, not a first year!

LINK: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-FQCZ7iwSyrfXpN-0AC1lwuLjDCVhXpC/view?usp=share_link

TIA
This is my guess...

Spoiler

:hello:
Thanks, if it was a first year what would you give it? Just out of curiosity :smile:
Original post by Ambergris
This is my guess...

Spoiler

Original post by nopenopeokay
Thanks, if it was a first year what would you give it? Just out of curiosity :smile:

Well hopefully by the end of your foundation you would have taken on board what your teacher pointers. First year degree is a higher, deeper so I don't know. Other consideration how you will fair in the University sit down exams. Anyway was the grade under spoiler close or way off? I want to know if I'll make a good marker or poor one. I tell you what when you get to next year you can post an essay and I'll grade it .

All the best...
Original post by Ambergris
Well hopefully by the end of your foundation you would have taken on board what your teacher pointers. First year degree is a higher, deeper so I don't know. Other consideration how you will fair in the University sit down exams. Anyway was the grade under spoiler close or way off? I want to know if I'll make a good marker or poor one. I tell you what when you get to next year you can post an essay and I'll grade it .

All the best...

Yes, you were quite accurate; it got 64! Many Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending