The Student Room Group

HELP! I need Work Experience

I really need help finding work experience for a career in architecture and design
Original post by joslin
I really need help finding work experience for a career in architecture and design

I got work experience in architecture ask your schools art and DT teachers if they know any architects which would be open to give you work experience if not phone as many local companies as most will be open to taking people !
Reply 2
Original post by NIsophie
I got work experience in architecture ask your schools art and DT teachers if they know any architects which would be open to give you work experience if not phone as many local companies as most will be open to taking people !

Thanks! Would you say it's better to call rather than email? What would I say on a phone call?
Original post by joslin
Thanks! Would you say it's better to call rather than email? What would I say on a phone call?

My school tell us to phone them just say ‘hi I’m student from (your school) and I’m interested in studying architecture and was wondering if I would be able to get work experience with your company for a few days’ and tell them that your school can sort out insurance for you to work there and what dates suit you. Good luck with getting work experience!
Reply 4
Original post by NIsophie
My school tell us to phone them just say ‘hi I’m student from (your school) and I’m interested in studying architecture and was wondering if I would be able to get work experience with your company for a few days’ and tell them that your school can sort out insurance for you to work there and what dates suit you. Good luck with getting work experience!

Omg thanks so much for this!
Original post by joslin

Heya!
I would recommend asking your teachers or career advisors about where you could get some work experience, perhaps they know someone :h: As stated above, another thing you can do is go to local companies and ask them for some work experience or shadowing. Personally, I wanted some lab experience and went to a local lab that let me shadow some workers there for a bit which was interesting :h: You could call them or go there in person and talk to reception explaining your situation and interest.

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study mind

Quick Reply

Latest