The Student Room Group

Why has no one questioned how the hell Christian Grey is a billionaire?

In the book and movie "50 Shades Of GREY" out of all the criticisms of that movie no has mentioned the biggest ******* plot hole in that movie. How the hell is Christian Grey a billionaire at 27? That's not possible or plausible in reality. It's completely impossible why has no one brought that up?
Original post by horizonforza269
In the book and movie "50 Shades Of GREY" out of all the criticisms of that movie no has mentioned the biggest ******* plot hole in that movie. How the hell is Christian Grey a billionaire at 27? That's not possible or plausible in reality. It's completely impossible why has no one brought that up?

Ive not read or watched the books but being a billionaire at 27 isn’t that implausible.

How does someone become a billionaire? Generally there are 3 ways:
- superior commercial acumen within a specific market
- equity in product generating billions
- inheritance

The commercial acumen tends to be older & wiser heads, but product driven billionaires are often young, and inheritance can be any age really.

Inheritance, that is the easiest explanation for that fortune. Although it is even a great sum of money even for that upper class to inherit.
Reply 3
Because that is the least implausible part of 50 Shades.

People can be billionaires in their late teens or early 20s.
Inheritance, insider trading, financial corruption involving oil revenue/royalty controlling sovereign wealth funds/lobbyists/politicians/military contracts, luxury real estate developers, tech stocks, trust funds, lottery wins living in countries with unstable currency or very high inflation.
Original post by londonmyst
Because that is the least implausible part of 50 Shades.

People can be billionaires in their late teens or early 20s.
Inheritance, insider trading, financial corruption involving oil revenue/royalty controlling sovereign wealth funds/lobbyists/politicians/military contracts, luxury real estate developers, tech stocks, trust funds, lottery wins living in countries with unstable currency or very high inflation.

You have forgotten the broker in your counting. The broker! the fastest way to generate a huge soum of money in no time - according to the films I know.
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Kallisto
You have forgotten the broker in your counting. The broker! the fastest way to generate a huge soum of money in no time - according to the films I know.

It's covered under the insider trading and financial corruption categories. :tongue:
Original post by londonmyst
It's covered under the insider trading and financial corruption categories. :tongue:

Okay, just forget that I blamed you to count the broker, the most sympathetic people on earth we need.

I have no ******* clue but when you find out lmk so I know what degree to do at uni 😌😌

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest