The Student Room Group

Confused about interview questions

Hi.

I have an interview lined up. It’s on Teams. But there were no competencies involved. The application only required a personal statement. So what would the questions actually be like?
Reply 1
Original post by Marya N122
Hi.

I have an interview lined up. It’s on Teams. But there were no competencies involved. The application only required a personal statement. So what would the questions actually be like?

Where did you apply and which role
Reply 2
Original post by Sumzfc
Where did you apply and which role

UKHSA and the role is Business Support Officer.

The job advertisement has information regarding the interview stage. It says it will be a single video interview and the essential criteria will be assessed. Some of the essential criteria is technical experience or qualifications, and some are behaviours. I'd do a bit of prep to ensure you have examples for each criteria (star format for the behaviour criterias) and you should be grand!

Hope that helps
Reply 4
Original post by 10124456
The job advertisement has information regarding the interview stage. It says it will be a single video interview and the essential criteria will be assessed. Some of the essential criteria is technical experience or qualifications, and some are behaviours. I'd do a bit of prep to ensure you have examples for each criteria (star format for the behaviour criterias) and you should be grand!

Hope that helps

It is clear. Thank you :smile:

Just an FYI UKHSA is a bad department to work for. It's new, has a ton of temp workers, people are leaving constantly and its operation is a joke rn. At least they managed to figure out how to use Teams at this point.

Defo go for it but it isn't a great department at the moment to work in. Look at the role description and there may be behaviours they will test. I have done a number of interviews and had 3 offers, I have yet to do one where they didn't state the behaviours to be tested... but knowing UKHSA it is possible they left them out. If it has no behaviour then prep for essential criteria, I have done UKHSA interview ( in person sadly) and they did give behaviours. Technical Q's can be on any behavior tbh, in some cases they are ones you wouldn't even expect for the role, so prep like mad. Be ready to quickly change your preped answer to answer the Q as well, change details if need be. Civil service interview, unless you got the exact questions you preped for, is mostly about blagging like most interview and making it seem like you are the new elon or bill gates. If its not a london position, the candidate pool is usually less experienced and it can be easier to get a role. If it is in london ( which it seems like), then you need to come in with your A game.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending