The Student Room Group

Part time past study

Hi,

I previously studied a part time online bachelors degree and received funding for 4 years. I did not complete the course and stopped during the pandemic.

I am now interested in a primary education with QTS full time course for 3 years.

I would like to ask if I would still be eligible for full funding for this? In addiction would the fact that it contains QTS class it as initial teacher training and therefore allow me full funding, or would there still be years on this course I would need to self fund?

Chris
Original post by cobrien84
Hi,

I previously studied a part time online bachelors degree and received funding for 4 years. I did not complete the course and stopped during the pandemic.

I am now interested in a primary education with QTS full time course for 3 years.

I would like to ask if I would still be eligible for full funding for this? In addiction would the fact that it contains QTS class it as initial teacher training and therefore allow me full funding, or would there still be years on this course I would need to self fund?

Chris

Hi Chris,

Just to confirm do you currently hold a qualified teacher status already?

Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Chris,

Just to confirm do you currently hold a qualified teacher status already?

Thanks, Jason

No I do not.

Thanks for the reply Jason
No I do not.

Thanks for the reply Jason

Thank you.

If you do a PGCE course that is 2 years or less then this is exempt from previous study rules.

But if you are choosing a 3 year option then your fees will be calculated via your previous study. Was it four years you had previously studied altogether for?

Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Thank you.

If you do a PGCE course that is 2 years or less then this is exempt from previous study rules.

But if you are choosing a 3 year option then your fees will be calculated via your previous study. Was it four years you had previously studied altogether for?

Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason,

Yes, it was 4 years of a part time BA. I had completed level 4 but dropped out during the pandemic at level 5.

Chris
Hi Jason,

Yes, it was 4 years of a part time BA. I had completed level 4 but dropped out during the pandemic at level 5.

Chris

Thanks Chris,

If it was a part time course and you didn't achieve a qualification then this won't affect your funding.

Thanks, Jason
Reply 6
Thanks Chris,

If it was a part time course and you didn't achieve a qualification then this won't affect your funding.

Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your information. I did get to level 4 and got a cert Ed. Would this be an issue with funding?

I do really appreciate your help.

Chris
Hi Jason,

Thanks for your information. I did get to level 4 and got a cert Ed. Would this be an issue with funding?

I do really appreciate your help.

Chris

Hi Chris,

If this is the case then your first year wouldn't be funded for the tuition fees. However, if you want to apply this will be confirmed by the assessors once the review and process your application.

Thanks, Jason
Reply 8
Hi Chris,

If this is the case then your first year wouldn't be funded for the tuition fees. However, if you want to apply this will be confirmed by the assessors once the review and process your application.

Thanks, Jason

Thanks Jason. Most appreciated
Thanks Jason. Most appreciated

You're welcome, Have a good day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending