The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Reading week - prospective student

Hi, I’m a student who’s applying to Uni of Leeds. I have two cousins getting married in the same week, and I’m quite close to both of them. It would’ve been in my half term if I was at school. (20-28 oct)

I’ll be applying for Computer Science - is there a reading week in October for this faculty?
Reply 1
Is it local to the uni ? Or far enough away to disrupt the whole week?
I can’t comment on Leeds Uni but technically Reading Weeks are not a holiday.
Some courses regard them as a non event week, others use the week for field trips so it would depend.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by domonict
Is it local to the uni ? Or far enough away to disrupt the whole week?
I can’t comment on Leeds Uni but technically Reading Weeks are not a holiday.
Some courses regard them as a non event week, others use the week for field trips so it would depend.

It’s outside of the country. They’re both on weekends but one of them is on a Sunday and it’s a 11hour flight (there’s transit included) to the destination so I’d have to take Monday off as well. I just want some advice because they’re both really close to me but the more we wait, flight tickets are getting expensive.

Another thing is that if reading weeks work like half term - no teaching but work assigned then I can organise myself to be abroad for that week because it would make attending the two weddings easier.
I don’t take this course but I had a flatmate who did. There was a reading week but it was definitely not this early. The week you’re asking about will be week 4, whereas I think the reading week for the course was either week 6 or 7. Hope this helps.
Reply 4
Original post by FvckBenFranklin
I don’t take this course but I had a flatmate who did. There was a reading week but it was definitely not this early. The week you’re asking about will be week 4, whereas I think the reading week for the course was either week 6 or 7. Hope this helps.

Yes, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest