The Student Room Group

is this an effective way to revise for final a level exams?

I'm in year 13 doing geography, psychology and english literature. I just finished my mocks so I have already started revision but until exams I think I'm going to create online flashcards for all content in geography and psychology then the month before exams just do past papers and exam questions. Is this the most effective way to revise or would anyone recommend doing it differently as I want to achieve a*aa.
Also any revision tips for english lit would be great.
I recommend you start doing past papers for psychology sooner rather than later, that way you actually know what you do and don’t know and you aren’t revising useless content you already know.
Original post by delinabg
I'm in year 13 doing geography, psychology and english literature. I just finished my mocks so I have already started revision but until exams I think I'm going to create online flashcards for all content in geography and psychology then the month before exams just do past papers and exam questions. Is this the most effective way to revise or would anyone recommend doing it differently as I want to achieve a*aa.
Also any revision tips for english lit would be great.

i’ve only done psychology out of these a levels, I recommend ensuring you know all the content and that you include keywords in all your answers especially for 4 markers etc. look the specification from your exam boards website and ensure you have covered all the points for each topic. what I wish I did was do 16 markers and 12 markers in timed conditions so I didnt run out of time and also have a brief plan for each subtopic just in case it came up as a 16 marker.
I also recommend having a few evaluation points and small studies to reference any theories or explanations of something in psychology. this is crucial for 16 markers.
remember all the stats tests from research methods and when they should be used, create a grid to show each test and what it’s conditions are.
I do recommend past papers but they are especially useful for research methods questions and 12-16 markers as they will test your time management and evaluation skills. good luck!!
Reply 3
Original post by med.33333
i’ve only done psychology out of these a levels, I recommend ensuring you know all the content and that you include keywords in all your answers especially for 4 markers etc. look the specification from your exam boards website and ensure you have covered all the points for each topic. what I wish I did was do 16 markers and 12 markers in timed conditions so I didnt run out of time and also have a brief plan for each subtopic just in case it came up as a 16 marker.
I also recommend having a few evaluation points and small studies to reference any theories or explanations of something in psychology. this is crucial for 16 markers.
remember all the stats tests from research methods and when they should be used, create a grid to show each test and what it’s conditions are.
I do recommend past papers but they are especially useful for research methods questions and 12-16 markers as they will test your time management and evaluation skills. good luck!!

those are really useful tips thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending