This discussion is closed.
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
You know the saying that if you like or love someone, you should tell them how you feel

But what about when you really fancy or even love a girl, who's with someone else already.

Do you tell them how you feel and let things become awkward or bottle it up

what would you rather appreciate? being told or not
pissface
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It would be great to tell them how you feel, but im a sorry case. I would bottle it up. Hell I would bottle it up even if they were'nt w/someone else. I'm such a chicken.
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lame)
You know the saying that if you like or love someone, you should tell them how you feel

But what about when you really fancy or even love a girl, who's with someone else already.

If she is happy don't tell her. When I was with my ex I had a friend who I got on really well with. Then one day he sent me and email telling me that he loved me. I got very confused and although I stayed with my ex things were never quite the same both with my ex and with my male friend (they were friends) So unless she is unhappy or you are sure she reciprocactes my advice would be not to tell her
ponjavic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lame)

ftp://[email protected]/Demon - You Are My High.asf
God I love your avatar :rolleyes:
Luize
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Don't tell them.
It is an awkward thing to deal with...you don't really know what to say back. Or how to act around them.
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
dont interfere in other peoples relationships...

if shes single, then go for it
bestdeceptions
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's a tough one If it was me, I'd rather be told. However if I was the one doing the telling then I definitely wouldn't if they were with someone else.

If she's happy, it could become veeery awkward between you. Also if she's happy with this other guy, it's not likely she'll want to leave him
Harv616
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If you think she will say the same back, tell her

If not, dont bother
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
seems to be 50-50 ish
Cortez
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
it is 50/50 now ..... flip a coin :p:
Wild Thing
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chrisgill369)
it is 50/50 now ..... flip a coin :p:
yeah...i believe in destiny
KandyKane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lame)

Not being told.
dogtanian
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If I was happy, I wouldn't want to know about someone else having feelings for me. But then she might not be happy.

Befriend her, be a shoulder to cry on, if it's needed.
F. Poste
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If you have strong evidence that she might feel the same, then it might be worth considering.. however, if you don't have any idea how she feels about you then keep it to yourself!
amo1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
THE TRUTH SHALL SET YE FREE
had a similar senario apart from more complicated(i think it was but i dont know ur situ)...went through hours of pondering... ended up getting drunk 1 nite telling her everything... but afterwards at least the weight was of my mind.
happydinosaur
Report 14 years ago
This is always a tricky situation to be in. I have been having a lot of feelings for someone who I have recently become very good friends with. I spent a few months wondering what I should do trying to figure out if I should tell him, talked to some of the people I am close to in our group of friends and figured out I should talk to him before I went crazy. Unfortunatly a friend from out of the group thought it was common knowledge and innocently mentioned it infront of someone who then on the night I was planning to maybe tell him went and asked for a girly chat with him and told him for me. So now I am just in a very confused place because I tried to talk to him and it was all uncomfortable. Thankfully a few weeks on things seem to be going alright though..

So my advice is if you are friends with this person don't let her find out through someone else by accident because that just causes more problems. If you think that not telling her might also affect your relationship then maybe try to have a chat with her...after all she might be flattered but then again you don't want to put her in an uncomfotable position. Maybe you could try and see how things seem in her current relationship and work out if it is worth telling her..
Zarathustra
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lame)

Heh, I know the feeling. Only in my case, the girl is seeing a total moron who she's so much better than...
Still haven't said anything though, as I'm not entirely sure how I feel...
:confused:

For what it's worth, I think you should weigh up the potential benefits of her saying it back with the potential drawbacks of her saying 'omg **** off you ******** I never want to speak to you again you've ruined our friendship etc etc', - see if it's worth it. And also take into account how likely each of the above is to occur.
Lmao. If in doubt...be mathematical!

ZarathustraX
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Go for it. If you don't tell her, then you'll never know what might have been.

Never bottle anything.
kriztinae
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i would drop hints and if i got no hints back then id keep it bottled up.
if you get hints back then tell her
[email protected]
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
tell them...you never know they might feel the same way
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.73%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.65%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.2%
It might lead to more bullying (132)
38.6%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.82%

Watched Threads