The Student Room Group

Health and social care unit 6: Work Experience in Health and Social Care

Does anyone understand the unit enough to read my work and help go through it before I need to submit it tomorrow night?
Reply 1
I’ve only just seen this. Is this for the Pearson level 3 health and social care course? I’ve done it a couple of years ago and more than happy to help if I can if you have any further questions on the units :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Simone1236
I’ve only just seen this. Is this for the Pearson level 3 health and social care course? I’ve done it a couple of years ago and more than happy to help if I can if you have any further questions on the units :smile:

it is! would you be able to proof read my distinction answer ? and also have you done all the other units?
Reply 3
Original post by EZI1912
it is! would you be able to proof read my distinction answer ? and also have you done all the other units?

Yeah of course I can. I completed the course a couple of years ago and imagine that the units would be the same or similar to what I’ve done. I now work in a hospital as a health care assistant :smile:
Reply 4
Yeah of course I can. I completed the course a couple of years ago and imagine that the units would be the same or similar to what I’ve done. I now work in a hospital as a health care assistant :smile:

oh woah that’s really cool!!
should i send it on here?
Reply 5
Original post by EZI1912

If you’re able to, I’ll have a look at it on my break if that’s okay or when I finish work but that won’t be until 8
Reply 6
Original post by EZI1912

Yeah course you can :smile:
Reply 7
Yeah course you can :smile:

idk if it has sent it said something about being reviewed lol
Reply 8
Original post by EZI1912

It did send but it wouldn’t let me reply to it
Reply 9
It did send but it wouldn’t let me reply to it

Original post by EZI1912

I’m so sorry for only now getting to read this. I got back from my shift a lot later than I had expected. I’ve got some things that you could add or change to your writing to help, you don’t have to take them on board at all, they’re just ideas taht you can add to it :smile:

I would change “They are important and should be considered in practice as it links to giving the best sort of service to give” with the last bit and say “as it acts as a guide for health and social care workers to provide a high quality of service to service users.

Competence is also about carrying out jobs within your own scope of practice; i.e if you’re asked to do a plaster cast but have not had the appropriate training, explaining that you have not been taught how to do this (also ties in with courage as you’re having courage to speak up when being asked to do something that you are not competent to do)

I would add here “Courage is having the ability to be able to stand up and do the correct thing for the people especially the service users to ensure they get the correct and high-quality care especially if something seemed to have gone wrong or not the best thing”. I would add in between high quality care and especially to say high quality care that meets and exceeds service user expectations

“Examples of when it can be used in placement would be if seeing something which is not right so a staff member being rude to a service user, I should go speak to someone who is higher in rank like a manager and see if they can get it sorted or if a service user themselves tell me they are being mistreated I can somehow get that reported.” I would take out the “so” here and change it to “for example” or “an example of this would be”. In this part I would also add in about whistleblowing policies and procedures where you can raise this if the manager doesn’t listen or it is about the manager themselves. This may be to your college (I know mine said that we could raise issues to them) or to the care quality commission (CQC).

“Psychologists must understand all the sort of communication so that they can react and respond in the best way so eye contact and gestures like head nodding to show they are listening and understand, also ensuring they can do both non-verbal and verbal communication so that all service users who require help but may have difficulties can receive it” here I would add about active listening; not just hearing what is being said but showing that you are listening to them.

“Commitment showing is important, so not giving up on that service user no matter what it is they are going through and showing that they will be there to support them no matter what which shows the service user they are cared for, not alone and that they have somewhere which they can receive that help which they require” here I would add about also being committed to your role, committed to providing the best care for that individual.

“There may be hurdles such as obviously going through emotional stage and obviously trying to put myself in their shoes but also, it” I would take out the both “obviously” here

“I am there planning and putting my full thought into the whole thing like why do I want that as a target, can I do it, how can I and etc.” here I would change “the whole thing” into “putting my full thought into my own targets and how I can achieve them and work towards my own potential”

“well decided decision.” I would change this to “well informed decision”

As I said, you don’t have to take these on board, they’re just ideas of mine that you could add into your piece of work. It was really good as well. I hope it all goes well and I’m more than happy to try and help on other pieces of you’re struggling with them as well :smile:
Reply 10
I’m so sorry for only now getting to read this. I got back from my shift a lot later than I had expected. I’ve got some things that you could add or change to your writing to help, you don’t have to take them on board at all, they’re just ideas taht you can add to it :smile:

I would change “They are important and should be considered in practice as it links to giving the best sort of service to give” with the last bit and say “as it acts as a guide for health and social care workers to provide a high quality of service to service users.

Competence is also about carrying out jobs within your own scope of practice; i.e if you’re asked to do a plaster cast but have not had the appropriate training, explaining that you have not been taught how to do this (also ties in with courage as you’re having courage to speak up when being asked to do something that you are not competent to do)

I would add here “Courage is having the ability to be able to stand up and do the correct thing for the people especially the service users to ensure they get the correct and high-quality care especially if something seemed to have gone wrong or not the best thing”. I would add in between high quality care and especially to say high quality care that meets and exceeds service user expectations

“Examples of when it can be used in placement would be if seeing something which is not right so a staff member being rude to a service user, I should go speak to someone who is higher in rank like a manager and see if they can get it sorted or if a service user themselves tell me they are being mistreated I can somehow get that reported.” I would take out the “so” here and change it to “for example” or “an example of this would be”. In this part I would also add in about whistleblowing policies and procedures where you can raise this if the manager doesn’t listen or it is about the manager themselves. This may be to your college (I know mine said that we could raise issues to them) or to the care quality commission (CQC).

“Psychologists must understand all the sort of communication so that they can react and respond in the best way so eye contact and gestures like head nodding to show they are listening and understand, also ensuring they can do both non-verbal and verbal communication so that all service users who require help but may have difficulties can receive it” here I would add about active listening; not just hearing what is being said but showing that you are listening to them.

“Commitment showing is important, so not giving up on that service user no matter what it is they are going through and showing that they will be there to support them no matter what which shows the service user they are cared for, not alone and that they have somewhere which they can receive that help which they require” here I would add about also being committed to your role, committed to providing the best care for that individual.

“There may be hurdles such as obviously going through emotional stage and obviously trying to put myself in their shoes but also, it” I would take out the both “obviously” here

“I am there planning and putting my full thought into the whole thing like why do I want that as a target, can I do it, how can I and etc.” here I would change “the whole thing” into “putting my full thought into my own targets and how I can achieve them and work towards my own potential”

“well decided decision.” I would change this to “well informed decision”

As I said, you don’t have to take these on board, they’re just ideas of mine that you could add into your piece of work. It was really good as well. I hope it all goes well and I’m more than happy to try and help on other pieces of you’re struggling with them as well :smile:

sorry for the late response i have been working on my other unit which is a huge one and due later today but thank you so much for the feedback ill definitely take it on board! thank you for taking your time out to read that.

Quick Reply

Latest