The Student Room Group

is this bad?

my heart keeps beating fast and i'm not sure if it's a sign of something bad this happens in school/home
Original post by oursgrace
my heart keeps beating fast and i'm not sure if it's a sign of something bad this happens in school/home :confused:

When your heart beats faster your body is requiring more oxygen. The body needs a good supply of oxygen in order to prevent you from keeling over in a faint. I think you would be sure, if this was a true foreboding, because it would be followed by something ominous happening in school/home. There again if something was to happen it might be a coincidence /Baader–Meinhof phenomenon. :rolleyes:

A Baader–Meinhof phenomenon is the, "Frequency illusion, also known as the Baader–Meinhof phenomenon or frequency bias, is a cognitive bias in which, after noticing something for the first time, there is a tendency to notice it more often, leading someone to believe that it has an increased frequency of occurrence." I am not feeling that you are some kind of Casandra. :rolleyes:

If you are feeling anxious about the your school work, exam perhaps share your fears. :crazy: Discuss these concerns with your pastoral care tutor, parents/care giver. In addition get a check up with your local General Practitioner to eliminate that there is something physically wrong with you. Something like Anemia causing tachycardia you may need a course of Iron, or B12 supplements.:rolleyes:

Further to this sometimes when we write things down. In doing so we can calm us down and then we are able to get on with the business of life-School work, exam revision. :rolleyes:

Alternatively could consider calling ChildLine:
https://www.childline.org.uk/

All the above applies unless that is your a Teacher! :wink:

Then I recommend tea and sympathy or something a little stronger! :eek3:

All the best...

:hello:
I get that too (if you mean heart palpitations), probably just caused by anxiety.
I think you don't need to be worry too much about it just contact a doctor ...
It could be caused by anxiety but speak to your GP :smile:
Reply 5
i've asked for mom to tell gp (since i don't have a phone) and was told that it was cause i wasn't eating properly and that it is weakness could this be true?
Your GP would have a better idea than anyone on here, but not eating enough can definitely cause this.

Looking at your other posts, I'm just wondering if you are getting any help with you mental health at the moment? It sounds like you are struggling quite a bit with things atm :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending